New ride pics

Yeah it's rated for 125hp but I took it with the 90 so I didn't have to wait for the 125 , 90 was in stock and now I have something to look forward to in 5-6 years plan is to win enough in tourneys to pay for the upgrade :whistling:

Very nice rig :thumbsup_anim:

My experience was if the 90, 115 maybe even 125 are on the same powerhead with the same displacement any gain will be very marginal, maybe not worth the expense. My experience was with the older 85 to 140 V4 OMC's, think they just upped the rpm the HP was rated at to get the next engine in the line-up.

Edited by dave524

Very nice rig :thumbsup_anim:

My experience was if the 90, 115 maybe even 125 are on the same powerhead with the same displacement any gain will be very marginal, maybe not worth the expense. My experience was with the older 85 to 140 V4 OMC's, think they just upped the rpm the HP was rated at to get the next engine in the line-up.

I hope this is the case then I made the right choice I was also thinking a 150hp e-tec would be a great motor on this thing but that would over power it a bit .I have no plans of upgrading any time soon anyways I just need to get out fishing .

My Starcraft 170C is rated for 115hp and I have a 90hp Yam on it. I can't imagine that the extra hp would really make any difference considering the extra weight.

The only weight difference would be in your wallet. The 90 & 115 is the same housing and powerhead. I'm betting it would make a noticable but not drastic difference. Whether or not you need it is a different story.

The only weight difference would be in your wallet. The 90 & 115 is the same housing and powerhead. I'm betting it would make a noticable but not drastic difference. Whether or not you need it is a different story.

Thanks for the info. I really don't neeed the extra power or speed right now and couldn't afford the upgrade at this time. Just rebuilt my trim motor with new check valves, all seals and O-rings.

Nice rig, is that a two stroke if yes just wondering why you decided on a two stroke?

Yes it's a 2 stroke .I went with the 2 because it was a lot less $$$ than a 4stk and a lot lighter .I have been in a few boats with 4s on them and they seem pretty sluggish to me this thing is real snappy just hit the throttle and your up on plane and gone its like a 5-6 second holeshot and your doing 30-35 mph in no time I am really happy with the preformance so far and I am still being easy on it to break it in.

Nice boat. Great getting a new boat.

I got a similar boat last year but a Sylvan.

BoatSide.jpg

I get 40-41 in a chop and 45-46 on flat water with a 115 Opti. So there probably isn't much difference in the top end of 90 VS 115. Maybe a bit more bottom end.

Were you fishing in dunnville today thought I saw ya when we took a break at timmies on our way home .

Didnt even see ya there, maybe next time!

Nice boat btw, how could I have missed that!

Edited by vinnimon

Actually I'd go 2 stroke for the weight saving again myself because I use a kicker for trolling, owned one and seen a few boats that get too heavy in the butt with 2 motors. Get 2 guys at the back setting riggers/netting fish plus the motors/batteries/fuel is often too much. Most often the big motor gets run only to get offshore, minimal fuel consumption anyway. I'd go 4 stroke on the kicker before the main engine, in my case anyway.

Didnt even see ya there, maybe next time!

Nice boat btw, how could I have missed that!

Vince I was at the Timmies parked in a feild beside it at the corner of #3 and the road that goes down to the river I wasn't fishing just driving home with the new boat.

Thanks for all the comments guys and Banger thats a sweet ride