Honda Shutdown?

We have not heard anything yet and that is our only customer. I hope that it does not happen until musky season :thumbsup_anim:

Last time there was a problem it was due to the dock workers strike in California they would not unload ships and that shut stuff down years ago.

I work at Honda and it's not looking good. We have a meeting later in the week to discuss the future. We will be effected and non production days are a given, it's the how long is the biggest question that we are all worried about. Hope this helps.

Scooter

We have not heard anything yet and that is our only customer. I hope that it does not happen until musky season :thumbsup_anim:

Last time there was a problem it was due to the dock workers strike in California they would not unload ships and that shut stuff down years ago.

This is why a company should not put all thier eggs into one basket. We supply 4 companies that make parts for Honda,plus we suppy 5 other companies that make parts for the rest of the auto industry plus 3 after market companies. This is why were 24/7. :thumbsup_anim:

I recieved an e-mail from HCM this morning staing that there will be production until April 1 but there will be temporary disruption after that date.

On March 31st Honda will communicate the production schedule going forward.

This is because of the recent earthquake in Japan.

I just got home with the same letter I still wish this shut down was during musky season.

Oh well I guess it is what it is.

Heres to good news Friday that it will not be to long.

One of our customers is the Toyota Cambridge plant; rumour is drive train components sourced in Japan are running low and the plant could runout in the less than 2 weeks.

This artcile seems to confirm this is coming - and not just to Japanese models......My link although they will be affected the most....

I just got home with the same letter I still wish this shut down was during musky season.

Oh well I guess it is what it is.

Heres to good news Friday that it will not be to long.

No worries Mike, the ice will be out of the river just in time. Try your luck for some eyes! Prime time is only a couple weeks away.

One of our customers is the Toyota Cambridge plant; rumour is drive train components sourced in Japan are running low and the plant could runout in the less than 2 weeks.

This artcile seems to confirm this is coming - and not just to Japanese models......My link although they will be affected the most....

Rumors at the woodstock plant is 2 weeks in april but nothing is confirmed all just speculation pretty sure it's coming just hope it's not to long .

Edited by SRT8

Now think of how ya all would feel if these parts were made in North America.Happy happy.

Maybe this sad happening will open some eyes. Build/manufacture in North America.Weather it be Canada or the USA.

Edited by Misfish

Now think of how ya all would feel if these parts were made in North America.Happy happy.

Maybe this sad happening will open some eyes. Build/manufacture in North America.Weather it be Canada or the USA.

We can only hope it does, I don't hold much hope that it will but it sure would be nice.

In a country with a population of 30 million, the last thing people in manufacturing should want is protectionism.

... and not to over simplify things too much but "just in time shipping" also plays a huge role in these more frequent disruptions in manufacturing.