A few pics from shore fishing 2010-2011

manitoubass2

30" walleye from September 2010, Rainy River

thanksgiving060.jpg

thanksgiving058.jpg

27" walleye Rainy River, early sept 2010

Won the local fishing derby in sept 2010 from shore with my son, lol. Easy $500. Winning fish measure 24.5"

oct22010033.jpg

Another nice september walleye, Rainy River, sept 2010

novemberpluslily019.jpg

From the boat, my good friend boated this nice walleye

Nov102010004.jpg

Another one from the boat, Rainy River, November 2010

Nov2010justafew012.jpg

My 5 year old son with a PB walleye

novemberpluslily009.jpg

Last summer some a holes had 6 sturgeon tied up in the rapids, barely in any water. Me and my girlfriend cut the line and let em go

june2010145.jpg

Another, poor fish, I dont think any survived

june2010142.jpg

Bass fishing the rapids with the kids, summer 2010

july202010102.jpg

Edited by manitoubass2

Ice fishing walleye, 30.5" Rainy river

daddysbigwalleye.jpg

5lb smallie my son caught, its a personal best for him!

braybigbassresize.jpg

I hate these things, notice the gloves? lol

Sept2010116.jpg

My 40" pike from lake despair with a good friend, ironically all the pics with me dissapeared???

stanpike.jpg

9lbs of sheer beaty

novemberpluslily019.jpg

Another fall lunker from the boat

Nov102010004.jpg

Beauty nature shot of my son

au24th2010135.jpg

Nice fish and awsome pics, sucks about the sturgeon though...

Thank you, and yeah, I know, that really bummed me out. We have so many here, but its important for them to be protected. I like catching them, don't get me wrong, but they MUST be released, and respected.

Here is a few more pics...

November 17th walleye, very cold fishing, lol

nov17015.jpg

The ghetto ice fishing trip. No sleds, no power auger, no real sled, haha, nothig stops me from fishing when I have the itch to go

feb10023.jpg

Right by our ice fishing shack, there is a hill. So I shoveled it off and packed it so the kids could slide if they got bored. I should also mention the 3 ft jump I built them! lol

december26019.jpg

All the kids came for some fun sliding while daddy fished

dec20121.jpg

The shack

030.jpg

Good eaters like this, all day long. My god I love Rainy River!!!

032.jpg

:clapping: livin the life man ....great report !

Your efforts are much appreciated but i tend to disagree with the "easy 500 buck " comment ...it would have ONLY been easy if the fish was caught on your very first cast of your very first fishing trip...its nice fishing gave you a bonus to all the quality time you have spent with your family...

Cheers and Nice Shootin to you ALL!!!!

I'm decided now...I'm going fishing today! Great series of photos man thumbsup_anim.gif

What's up with the sturgeon? Unattended and tied up... I don't get it. Are they 100% c & r in you area?

Yes, they are 100% c&r here. I think what happened was someone was poaching, and they were either spooked off or they were taking a break??? Anyhow, me and the girlfriend walked to the rapids to take some nature pics/prego photos and we discovered them. So we cut hem loose and tried to revive them. It didnt work out so well, they were upside down in only a few inches of water, and it was out of the current, so the water was real warm and dirty. I got them all to swim away eventually, after like an hour of trying, but the next day 3 of them were washed up on shore. Such a bummer. They were all pretty good size too, they were all probably 40 years old

Edited by manitoubass2

Man that's some beautiful walleyes :w00t: and from the shore too B)

Sounds like Rainy river is the place to be to catch walleyes :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks for sharing

Leechman

Many thanks Leechman. I'll get around to posting some off shore pics soon as well. Yep, Rainy River is a great fishery, the walleye fishing has to be experienced to believe how good it actually is. It's great for smallmouth, sturgeon, pike and musky as well. If you come here targeting eyes though, its gotta be spring, fall or winter though, its not very good in the summer.

I'm heading out again today, I'll try and get some more good pics. It's -4, sunny and zero wind, perfect day for walleye fishing!!!

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

nice eyes, but the sturgeons are a bummer. i have a connection to sturgeon after netting, tagging, and tracking them for a few years as a fisheries student.

the large sturgeons are typically the female and their eggs can net over 100 dollars an ounce, possibly more on the black market.

i've heard of local aboriginal groups harvesting them as well.

sturgeon.jpg

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

Great report and pics. Some really nice pickerel there.

Too bad about the sturgeon, but at least you tried. Whoever did that should be strung up and put in a few inches of standing water <_<

Edited by Joey

Buckets of walleyes! Me and 4 others fished the sand bar for two hours, all these fish were pulled out of 2-3 ft of water, no structure at all

oct3-2010017.jpg

Waiting on baitfish. There were millions of walleye fry here, they were soooo thick. Guess pelicans love walleyes too

pelicansresize.jpg

For 5 years old, this son of mine can fish!

au24th2010118.jpg

Dummy hooked lamprey, so gross

lampreyresize.jpg