anyone in human resoruces

archer379

You dont say whether this is for a company where you currently work (i.e an interview for a promotion), or for a new company - big difference from an interview perspective. If you already work at the company, then an awful lot is known about you, and you now an awful lot about the position and the company. If it is a new company, completely different approach for the interview for both of you

Be yourself, and tell the truth. If you believe you can do the job, say why you are the right person for it in our answers. Use examples from your experience.

When I am looking for a candidate it is about more than just the skill-sets - especially when it is a leadership position. It's as much a personality thing - does the way you think and do thing match the way we do? If so, do you have the knowledge and skills. At the end of every interview we always ask candidates if they have any questions for us. The ones who ask questions which show they have imagined themselves getting the job always score better, and usually get shortlisted (if they meet the other criteria).

Good luck!

I think you should PM Headhunter or GBW. Both good guys who can help you.

Thanks

Second that Roy they are two great people to know.

Art

Thanks

You dont say whether this is for a company where you currently work (i.e an interview for a promotion), or for a new company - big difference from an interview perspective. If you already work at the company, then an awful lot is known about you, and you now an awful lot about the position and the company. If it is a new company, completely different approach for the interview for both of you

Be yourself, and tell the truth. If you believe you can do the job, say why you are the right person for it in our answers. Use examples from your experience.

When I am looking for a candidate it is about more than just the skill-sets - especially when it is a leadership position. It's as much a personality thing - does the way you think and do thing match the way we do? If so, do you have the knowledge and skills. At the end of every interview we always ask candidates if they have any questions for us. The ones who ask questions which show they have imagined themselves getting the job always score better, and usually get shortlisted (if they meet the other criteria).

Good luck!

very good point in bold.

PM me if you want to archer379. I can give you some direction

Here are a couple tidbits:

Since it is a foreman position you should

- brush up on Health and Safety policies, whimis etc.

- dicipline of staff(especially in an unionized environment)

- know the payroll/benefits as much as you can

- as mentioned the what "if" or scenario I.e. You have an employee who was fantastic. Over the last two months they have been late, don't do anything. How do you handle this?

Couple things to think about. Good Luck and be confident.

How do you handle this?

Thats a problem here with one of our leaders.Wants to be thier friend,then when the time comes,dicipline is out the window cant pull the trigger.Frustating to say the least. Im here to work,not to make friends.

Always have the green bible handy. So many new laws, it,s sickning.

Good luck

Think outside the box but don't make yourself look like you aren't on the same page as they are.

Don't be afraid to say "I don't know" but make sure you follow up with a statement that you would look here or there (or speak to so and so) for the answer.

Be confident that you are the next big asset to the team. You applied knowing you can do it.