Is kijiji secure ??

lew

I'm gonna be listing some stuff for sale on kijiji and they advertise that it can be kept on the front page for a week for $4.99 on a credit card.

I don't normally use credit cards and certainly don't want to give out the number unless I'm absolutely certain about them.

They advertise the site is secure but does anyone know for sure ??

Lew I agree with fishnautographs, just put a normal free ad in. I have sold a ton of stuff on Kijiji it is a great site. To answer your questions a friend has a small business and uses their paid advertisement and has never had any problem.

Thanks guys, I've used the site before and am aware it's free but just thought keeping it up front for a week would be better.

And your right Chris, time is NEVER an issue for me :lol:

I wish I could say the same Lew. Maybe in another ten years for me ??

Yea they always move really fast on there but most people will look through them all and you can re-add the post to the front page I've had lucky with selling thing on the site a few people just being goofs saying they'll pay like a quarter of what your asking but not to many.

I listed an excercise bike a few weeks back and within 2 days it was way back on page 3. Things move REALLY fast there sometimes. :lol:

If someone does a search for an exercise bike then your add will come right up.

Just make sure you use specific words like baitcaster or fishing rod or what ever it is that you are selling.

Delete and re-post it every few days to make sure you are one of the first adds that comes up. Make sure to take some pics too.

People skip right over adds with no pics.

I listed an excercise bike a few weeks back and within 2 days it was way back on page 3. Things move REALLY fast there sometimes. :lol:

If someone does a search for an exercise bike then your add will come right up.

Just make sure you use specific words like baitcaster or fishing rod or what ever it is that you are selling.

Delete and re-post it every few days to make sure you are one of the first adds that comes up. Make sure to take some pics too.

People skip right over adds with no pics.

I just open 2 windows logging to kijiji on both and copy paste my old add to a new one once a wk and it'll go back to the top..but if someone is looking for a specific item say ice auger I choose the ontario button and then search ice auger and it'll bring all them up at once so in that case it don't matter is an item was on pg 100 or page 1..

oh and use email dont give your house number out until your sure , you'll get a ton of phone calls from idiots asking questions , for instance I was selling a blue bike and had someone ask what color it was....second ask 20% higher price than you really want, expect low balls, I ALWAYS offer 20% less than asking price, you'd be surprised the people that say ok sure come get it.

I sell stuff on Kijiji a few times a year. Sold a guitar amp a few weeks ago. Within 2 weeks I got 2 real replies, and about 6 fake ones that where scams.. You may already know this Lew, but watch out for the scammers out there.. Here's a copy and paste of a few.. They seemed a little fishy to me, so I ignored them..

"Hello Seller,

Do you still have the item for sale? What is the last asking price? Send me recent pictures via email for a better look and what is the present condition as well?Mode of payment is Check.

Mark."

or this one..

"Hi,

I'm interested in buying your guitar amp which i will like to know its

present condition and the final price that you wish to sell

I will be responsible for the pick-up,and my shipping company to do the

pick-up from your home to my house,and will be expecting ur respond as i look forward to have a good

business relationship with you.

my best regards

fedrick."

I'd highly recommend just getting a card to use for your online purchases. I have a $500 limit card that I use, so I never really worry much about using it on the net. Never had a problem before either. Having a Paypal account is handy too.

On a different note.....

OMG after so any years Lew changed his signature image..... :whistling:

Times, they must be a changing. ;)

You've got a good eye Chris :lol:

That musky was my signature for a very long time so I thought the old girl needed a vacation for awhile :thumbsup_anim:

And here I thought this was the picture Lew was going to post on Kijiji...:whistling::lol::D

And here I thought this was the picture Lew was going to post on Kijiji...:whistling::lol::D

It very well could be Ron if the right amount of $$$$ is offered :lol:

And BTW Ron, it would be polite of you to wave back to folks when your cruising thru Lakefield early on a Sunday morning :lol:

It very well could be Ron if the right amount of $$ is offered :lol:

And BTW Ron, it would be polite of you to wave back to folks when your cruising thru Lakefield early on a Sunday morning :lol:

Ha ha ha

Now where would have I passed you? It must have been around 7:30ish.