Any Good Computer Repair

skeeter

Does anyone know of a good computer repair person or shop in scarborough?

My daughters HP turns on but wont show any thing on the screen, then shuts down in 1 minute, then starts back up, then off again.

Edited by skeeter

My daughters HP turns on but wont show any thing on the screen, then shuts down in 1 minute, then starts back up, then off again.

your weekend plans are?

Are there any beeps during startup? If there are, count them and let us know. Could be a memory/bios issue.

no beeps at start up.

there is a fan attached to an aluminium block with fins on it, and on the bottom of it is a whack of tiny gold pins and a few of them are bent.

just had a neighbor here trying to straighten them and it didnt work.

As long as the CPU sits into the ziff socket and you can close the latch, it should be fine. It wouldn't even power up without the CPU, I doubt that's the problem. Most likely ram related.. Do you get anything on the screen during startup?

Sounds like you had a ram issue. If you have more then one stick of ram try removing one and starting it up. do this with both and if it starts up with one then you have a bad stick. It could also be a graphics card to try removing it and starting the computer up without it in.

I'm pretty sure your CPU pins are bent though and that's a big problem. When you removed the fan the CPU was probably stuck to the bottom and taken out of the socket. Pull it off the fan and make sure you get every pin straight, if even one is broke your CPU will probably be no good. Make sure the socket is open! When you pulled it out it was probably still locked in(undo latch). If it's locked you'll never get it back it and that's how I'm assuming you bent the pins. Make sure you have it the right way (there might be a gold tab in one corner)

I've had very good luck with Canada Computers. I've dealt with them at the College St. store, but they have a Scarborough location: 1306 Kennedy Road

Scarborough, Ontario

M1P 2L5, Canada

Tel: 416-915-7558

Fax: 416-915-7561

Good Luck!

Thanks for all the replies and great advice !!

The pins on the cpu were bent.

I took it into " Ifix computers"

took him about 20 minutes to fix all the prongs,pull it apart, make it fit back into the other piece,clean it and reseal it and test it.

$30. :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

Now Kaitlyn's happy and so am I. :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks for all the help!!