Fish-a-Thon

Ok folks Ryan,Dan and I have been talking and we have set a date for the Fish-a-thon the date is saturday july 23, 2011 this will hopefully give us some really good deer creek fishing we haven't got all the plans together and Ryan is Busy for awhile so we will fill you all in when a set plan is in place but I think we will be trying to have the entire event at Deer creek I plan on having the in-laws motor home and we can book the pavillion at DC for the after fish-a-thonis over and we can all get a bite to eat and what not .Anyways for now please let us know if you are planning on coming and Dan B can update the list on the website that Dan has done a great job on at www.fish-a-thon.com please check out the website whenever you can traffic on the site will give more oppurtunity to raise more money for casting for a cure :thumbsup_anim:

Going to be even bigger and better this year!! Let's shatter the number of $$$'s raised for cancer research that we put up last year.

For those that haven't made it to either one of the first two, it's a fun event...on a great little spot. The cause is terrific and the support from various sponsors, last year, was amazing! :worthy:

Sign me up too! Was at the first event but unfortunately couldn't make last years. July definately works better for me and its a great idea to have it all at DC, now people have the opition of camping and we can have a few more "pops" after without having to drive anywhere. Ryan's a great host and its for a great cause that impacts almost everyones life in some way.

I suppose I'll be there! :whistling: haha I'm currently in the hospital with Ginny and my new born but thanks for getting the ball rolling guys! The event will be in the parks planner this year as well so that should strum up some participants!!! Anyways I'll touch base when were back from the hospital and well get all the details sorted out!

Cheers,

Ryan

Ps. I've already got permission for larger boats again

Nice work, Ryan!! The funniest thing last year was all our boats "blasting off" with the electrics :lol:

It's great that the conservation authority will allow our boats in without having to strip off the motors, and, you definitely don't need more than an electric motor at DC.

Never been to the area, so no gas powered motors allowed? Do you pay for a fee to enter or is it pledges only?

It is electric only but for this event only they let us leave gas motors on they have to be trimmed up and you can't use them for any reason. There is a entry fee to the park I think its $10. Its a reaLly fun day and a great cause hope to see ya out this year.

Well I hope that we can make it this year it is a better time for us but it depends on how the weeks before make out as I am trying to head to Ottawa the week before if I do then it might be tight for getting out to this event.

Either way I will get some of my baits there for the prize table.

Well I hope that we can make it this year it is a better time for us but it depends on how the weeks before make out as I am trying to head to Ottawa the week before if I do then it might be tight for getting out to this event.

Hope ya can make it Mike your baits will be greatly appreciated :thumbsup_anim:

Hope you can make it, It would be great to meet you.

BTW your baits looked amazing last year

I thought this place was alot further away for us but its not that bad even if we can not get out for the weekend maybe I can get out for the day with my daughter.

Thanks for the kind words on the baits Dan I will get some of the 10's out for the event this year also.