Algonquin Brookies?

I've never fished for brookies up there but the locals recommended EGB spoons - the ones with the little red plastic tails. They sell them for a premium in the Algonquin Outfitters tackle shop (I think that's the place).

UA1990, you have dared speak the question that dare not speak its own answer.

Go, forth, all the way to sixth if you must. GodSpeed!

Enjoy your adventure, hope it works out great.

??? :w00t: ROFL, u sound like my priest...

im not looking for specific lakes or creeks, CUS I KNOOWW HOWW MUCHH OF A SECRET IT ISSS

Edited by urbanangler1990

Oh, Fire and Brimstone fer chrissakes! Drift crawlers, small spinners, goop under floats, I have no idea, really. Cast to beaver dams with small floating raps, twitch em. Small bucktails with a bitta woim. Inflated worm off an egg sinker. Somethings gotta work. Wet fly on a dropshot rig. Minnow under a slip float. Somebody stop me.

Sin no more my son.

In Lakes, canoe troll with a wedding band spinner and a piece of worm. In streams. no float, but a spit shot or two with a small hook, also with a worm. I have some hotspots that you can try within a days tripping on the Eastern side. I found out about it from a retired park ranger and my own experience. PM me I would be glad to tell ya. Go Early though other wise, heavy on the Bug juice. As far as Lures, if they dont bite on Panther martins. Use Live bait as an attractive. By the way, friends of mine have fished with frozen Smelt on a spinner trolling especially for lake trout near the surface. What freaked me out is that they caught fish in the Middle of the lake.

Bring lots of countdown Rapalas. That's all you really need. Size 3, 5 and 7, depending on what size of fish that you are expecting. They can be trolled or casted, fished shallow or deep, and they do catch Brook Trout. Trust me. Gold and orange is a favorite of mine.