Weekend at Bernie's!

Headhunter

Howdy folks...

This past weekend was our annual winter GTG at Bernie's on Nip... Bernie, myself, Cliff and FishnSled. We fished the evening bite Friday,all Saturday and to show for our efforts, one Pickereye under the slot... two Pickereye's smaller than your average Perch... oh, but I did catch 3, 6inch perch as well...

Fishing aside for a moment, we have our usual laughs, good food and good company... weather had no bearing on the weekend...

Now, not to stir things up too much, but I can't help but wonder why we are seeing so many people struggling to get what has until recently been a pretty good a steady fishery. I know the reason and I also know that many of you do as well, but I didn't want to draw that stink into this post... just yet another great big THANKS to Bernie for inviting us, being a wonderful host and putting up with us fools all weekend.

Bernie took most if not all of the pics, so I'll let him have at it, when he has time!

HH

Glad you all had a good time. That's what get togethers are for.

That's right Roy, other than the poor fishing it was another good time.

Joe made up a delicious meatloaf along with some fine fixings.

You never go hungry when Joe does up the vittles.

Joe with a big one.

P1030713.jpg

And Will waiting patiently for a bite.

P1030709.jpg

And Cliff doing some morning prayers.

P1030703.jpg

And a shot I just liked.

P1030702.jpg

Thanks for putting up the report Joe and the pics as well Bernie. Too bad there were not some more photogenic fish that wanted to pose for the camera. We gave it our best but as it's been said, the fishing doesn't matter that much when the company is as good as it was. The laughs were plenty, the food was incredible (loved the venison stew Bernie and Joe that meatloaf was delicious.) and we all learned the power of such a small word. Hm. :lol:

Great friends, great food, great times!!! :good: A BIG thanks again Bernie, an awesome weekend yet again. :canadian: