Simcoe whities with the kids

icefisherman

Another one of those "unusual" days...started early enough about 8:30am...but wasted the first 3 hours in trying to figure out how to get to where we wanted to go with all the new pressure cracks that were like small mountains in places....all new and very dangerous...be very careful guys...stay away and don't even think of jumping them yet...very fresh ice....often less then 24 hrs, partially floated uneven on both sides...in brief full of potential troubles...must have put over 60 km on the car today from driving on the ice and around the ice and back on again....what a mess the lake has quickly become....oh well...lucky whities...but not lucky enough to escape us.... with both kids in tow (3 and 6) and Chuck as a guide....we did manage to find a way to our planned destination...once there we needed two quick moves to find the hungry ones...and once that happened it was business as usual... :Gonefishing:

The stats for the day: 72 fow, Meegs and Williams both worked but I had to really fines my Meegs presentation today as they were very very finicky...and got unusually high number (for me) of whities on Williams ...on the way back....we've struggled again finding the best way in the icebergs slalom out there....stopped quickly for 10 min of perch action for the kids...but kept getting....herrings....so we called the day at that point and head back to shore...in one piece (hard to believe I know;-) :rolleyes:

All in all one more great day shared with my boys and best friend....and lots of fish ...hey what more can one ask for?!!? :clapping::thumbsup_anim:

Thanks Chuck for the great time, as usual :clapping:

Few shots for your viewing pleasure:

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Edited by icefisherman

Sure was alot of rig-a-ma-roll,just to cross a crack,but man that crack is a long one.We eventually found that the crack runs from Paradice beach ,up the east side off Snake and Fox Islands,where it moves a little west ,but continues right up to BBP.Sure hope there's some adventurous guys out there today and find(or make)a decent crossing.Was decent weather ,but a chilling wind,but hey,who's really noticing when there's fish around...lol...Sure hope we can find them again on Saturday....TC and tight lines....Chuck...