Simcoe To-Day

RickOnt

Out this AM from the West side!!! :Gonefishing:

Travelling on the Bike and walking is almost perfect :clapping:

There is a little snow for the sled sliders but you might hafta stop once in a while to kick a little on the track

Lots of Whities being caught :thumbsup_anim: Just move around till Ya find some hungry Guys :good:

The Meegs did the catching To-Day :D

003-8.jpg

001-5.jpg

Everyone Have a Fun and Safe Family Day

Rick

Nice work Rick how many times did you have to move? , Today was more of a scouting day for me, I moved around plenty today (6 times to be exact)and could not find them. I am begging for some help!! I plan on taking my kids tomorrow and would like for them to get on some fish. Just a little general location to start would be a great help, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Rob C

Another good report Rick wish some action shots too ha ha

Same question to you too I guess...

similarly to Rob I would like to take both kids out...but can only do it while the car is around...the little one cannot walk kilometers ...sooo...the $66,000 question - with no snow and no slush are there cars/trucks been driven out there today?

Hoping all this water from 2 days ago is frozen by now solid and has added few more inches to the ice thickness?

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Ice

You know me :thumbsup_anim: I will never tell you it is OK to drive a Vehicle on the Ice :D

What I will tell you is the conditions I found where I travelled :clapping:

I drilled spots to-day that were 8" and spots that were 14"

I did cross a couple of cracks To-Day they were flat and only open 6".

There is Very little snow and no slush.

Give me a Call Later

Rick

I have not seen any cars out off the north side of the lake with exception of some vehicles parking on the shore. South side of the lake might be more consistent than the north side.

Rob C

Edited by Rob C

I Hear Ya Brian

For the end of Febuary there is not the usual thickness of Ice on the Big Lake.

We "Should" still be Good till the end of the season!!

Not an issue for Sleds or Bikes not sure about Cars and Trucks!!!

Rick

Great report Rick, nice whities :thumbsup_anim:

Emil, as Terry said, we saw truck and vans out there, but I personally would not do it. The ice is too inconsistent.

We passed over 1 open pressure crack about 10" wide on the way there, then on the way home, passed over 4 pressure cracks, and the open one was now overlapping with ice chunks sticking up. The ice is definately moving and thinner in some spots.

Be cautious please!!!!!

Thanks for your honest opinions girls and guys....

I'll give it several more days but yes with the kids walking is not an option...no snow machine yet...so as previous years I'm just trying to find a good day at the end of the season I can drive...when they get tired/cold just put them inside the car with the heat on and voila...they are happy...

And yes Terry when I go it'll be most likely from 9-th line to the middle of the lake...if anything we should get couple more inches in the next few days with around -15 temps at night...sooooo....almost there ;-)

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman