Another Simcoe Journey

ravinerat

Well This is my only day off after working the weekend so I decided to hit Simcoe for a relaxing day of Whities. I left the south shore of Kemp Bay heading toward the North East end of the lake. The going was tough. The whole lakes seems to be one big slush bed instead of the smaller pools of a week a go.

DSC00195.jpg

Visibility was poor at best and I got turned around a few times. Why bring a GPS if your going to doubt it. I always had to double check with my compass.

DSC00197.jpg

My fishtrap seemed to gather up all the slush it could and added another 50 lbs to my load. I almost got stuck a few times and bogging down was a real pain.

DSC00214.jpg

Finally got to where I wanted to be around 1030 hr. Marked lots of fish but no takers. Just around noon the fishing picked up and was non stop till around 2 pm.

DSC00206.jpg

DSC00205.jpg

DSC00207.jpg

A green bad boyz seemed to do the job today. Just bouncing it off bottom then a lift of a foot and they’d smash it.

I decided I didn’t want to run the lake back to Barrie since I was using more gas in the slush so I headed to the Oro shore line. I caught the rail trail around the 12 line and ran it back. It sure was a lot easier on me and my Tundra.

DSC00214.jpg

Not a bad day off at all.

DSC00211.jpg

RR

I made the auger rack after about 2 years and one dream thinking about it. I have no fabrication skills and used a dremil and a drill. It worked out pretty good but would probally change a few things. It is held on by three pins so it comes off pretty fast for storage.

RR

Hey RR

What's UP???

Nice "Sress Management" Day

Saw a guy last week same sled (Tundra) and auger mount straight out back!!!

Took a run over to say "Hi Don" and it was not you!!!

Someone is using your patent LOL

We Should get together

Rick

I sure was glad I had my Baffin Rubber boots on. I was in water all day. It is kind of neat not being able to see shore(s)at time. The fog liftted by the time I headed home. I've seen a few auger racks like mine now. Guess I came up with a good desgin.

RR

Thanks for the report RR.

Glad I'll be on Cypress this weekend, and not Simcoe.

My fishing partner (Camocruzr from the lsmb) has a similar rack he's been running for the past 5 years now. They work like a charm eh! Don't have to worry about driving though fence gates.. It is a little scary for the guy riding behind on a sley though, stairing at sharp augar blades.

Edited by NAW