Buddy heaters

scugpg

I was looking into getting a buddy heater, either the small or medium size and I see that Princess Auto is completely out of stock.

Some other places have them but are about $50 more expensive. Anyone have any leads on stock anywhere that will match?

Thanks!

Edited by scugog

Thanks Vinni. I think closest is Cambridge. Hoping to find one near London if possible.

I will double check in the am, transaxle(cambridge or guelph) dropped a catalogue off on friday. It was in there for a buck and change. As for stock, Im not sure. They may have to order it in.

Let me call a friend in the hammer area.

I prefer this one myself and a 5 or 20 lb tank. You get over a week of fishing out of a 20 lb'r. carefully turn the burner 90* and it will work upright or laying down as a cooking surface.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/3/HouseHome/1/HeatingAirConditioning/PortableBaseboardHeaters/PRD~0522630P/Portable%252BPropane%252BTank%252BTop%252BHeater.jsp?locale=en

Be forewarned though... you'll end up being the lunch hour chef !

I prefer this one myself and a 5 or 20 lb tank. You get over a week of fishing out of a 20 lb'r. carefully turn the burner 90* and it will work upright or laying down as a cooking surface.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/3/HouseHome/1/HeatingAirConditioning/PortableBaseboardHeaters/PRD~0522630P/Portable%252BPropane%252BTank%252BTop%252BHeater.jsp?locale=en

Be forewarned though... you'll end up being the lunch hour chef !

How long would the 5lb tank last.. .assuming it isn't being run all day ?

All depends on temps and how you like the heat... but at full they say it lasts 35 hours on a 20lb...so would be 8 hour+ on a 5. Pretty sure Ron got 3 days out of his 5lb'r last time he was at my place in Temagami.. might have been only two though. I carry a 20... have never had to refill/change tanks even after 8 days of enough heat to take the chill off and full blast boiling water for Mr Noodles at lunch for the crew or warming our tin foiled wraps.

I also got my burner during a 1/2 price sale at CTC.. $30

Edited by irishfield

All depends on temps and how you like the heat... but at full they say it lasts 35 hours on a 20lb...so would be 8 hour+ on a 5. Pretty sure Ron got 3 days out of his 5lb'r last time he was at my place in Temagami.. might have been only two though. I carry a 20... have never had to refill/change tanks even after 8 days of enough heat to take the chill off and full blast boiling water for Mr Noodles at lunch for the crew or warming our tin foiled wraps.

I also got my burner during a 1/2 price sale at CTC.. $30

The 5lber appeals to me as I don't have a snowmobile to pull the sled and gear with, so the lighter the better. ;)

Probably going out this weekend with Dutchy as his new shelter just arrived on Friday... :good:

Not sure about the size your after but Liquidation World had some 3000 BTU Coleman Black Cat heaters on a clearout price for $35. I have a 2 person Clam Nanook and the Black Cat cooks that up so I can fish with long sleeve shirt and no coat on most days. On full blast a 1 lb tank last a little over a day in the Black Cat.

Thanks guys I found one at Home Hardware. Got them to price match.

TSC also has them on sale for $90 if you can find stock anywhere. Sale ends in a couple days so you better move on it.

http://www.tscstores.com/stage/mainhome.php#loadFG_215032

Carquest also carries them but won't price match anything :dunno:

Edited by scugog

Ive got the catalogue from transaxle, buddy heater 129.95, the big buddy heater 189.95.

# to call toll free 1 800 940 7733

cambridge store # 519 740 7213

100 sheldon drive unit 38 &39 cambridge

Promotional catalogue page #21 on the top right.

I will post a pick shortly

dunno.gif about stock on this heater.

single burner propane stove.very cheap. Lots of heat and you can heat your coffee or lunch.

A peak 1 backpacking stove as well, extremely light, including the fuel. Fits in your pocket. Thats what I used and still do at times. And no need for a lighter/match.