Snowblower help

strik

Hey guys/girls

Just looking for a little help my 10hp(older) snowblower will run fine for about one to two minuts then it just dies like it is starving for gas if you reprime it it will run again then just dies .. Have stable in it also just added deicer

Anyone have any ideas

Thanks

Skrik

Hey guys/girls

Just looking for a little help my 10hp(older) snowblower will run fine for about one to two minuts then it just dies like it is starving for gas if you reprime it it will run again then just dies .. Have stable in it also just added deicer

Anyone have any ideas

Thanks

Skrik

A couple of taps on the carb with a screw driver the plastic end. Come spring clean the carb.

Keep pumping the primer once its running and see if it will keep going.......

tryed priming it while it was running seems to help a little but still stalls out i have not drained the tank yet to see if it has a fliter in the tank but it has no filter outside of the tank

Try another spark plug and see.

crap i never even thought it would be that because it would run and start so well i will get and try a new plug tomorrow i did look at the plug it looks blk and old but it still seem to be a fule issue is it possiple i have ice in it and as i prime it the gas is forced through?

To eveyone thanks a lot of all of the ideas

Strik

no but do have to prime the hell out of it it seem it will run longer if choke is at half

Definitely fueling, like I mentioned before, take the carb off, give it a good clean and make sure the floats aren't stuck. If they are, the bowl will never fill will fuel and the motor will just stall out.

This is why it's running when you prime it or use the choke, those both bypass the bowl and go directly into the engine.

crap i never even thought it would be that because it would run and start so well i will get and try a new plug tomorrow i did look at the plug it looks blk and old but it still seem to be a fule issue is it possiple i have ice in it and as i prime it the gas is forced through?

To eveyone thanks a lot of all of the ideas

Strik

Try to clean the plug as best you can and fire it up again.... if it behave the same, than you have other issues that's beyond my knowledge.... may be Big Cliff or Bernie of this site can help you with this.

Leechman

Heres another thing that made my old Craftsman blower run funny. In the throttle/choke box there are two wires. One going to the choke and the other to the throttle. Take off the box and inspect the wires for loose connectors or signs of shorting out. If one or the other is shorting out this "may" make your blower shut down after it warms up just after start up or do things like not throttle down or choke properly or run at all.

Good Luck !!

Had the same problem here with a 6 hp B&S.

Was the fuel cap. Vent hole was plugged.

Cheap fix & even if it's not the problem you'll not be out much $.

I look at the cap there is NO vent hole i assume it is the original.. BUT BUT here is the thing i have taken it off and tryed to start it it started fine like always, waited the two min and figured here we go ..... it is still going it has been about 5 min but that makes no snice to me assuming this is the issue why would it have ran so good for 3 years and just now dies ??

Pour a bit of Seafoam right down the throat of the carb, let it sit for a couple of minutes and then tap the bottom of the carb with a small hammer or the plastic end of a screwdriver. More than likely, it's just a stuck float in the carb. If it works, remember to pour some stabilizer in your jerry can of snowblower gas. Better to be safe than sorry. It will help to keep the fuel system clean and your gas always fresh.

hey guys new plug/ clean bottom bowl / spray down wires around carb seem to be runing good will have to wait until another work out to make sure. Still havent figured out where the hole is for the gas cap or the tank but it seen to be running fine with the cap on .

Thanks to all who tryed to help

Strik

hey guys new plug/ clean bottom bowl / spray down wires around carb seem to be runing good will have to wait until another work out to make sure. Still havent figured out where the hole is for the gas cap or the tank but it seen to be running fine with the cap on .

Thanks to all who tryed to help

Strik

No hole in the gas cap, to prevent moisture (snow) getting into gas. It is done through the gasket in the cap.