Non Ice Fishers

mercman

Last year, I shopped for boats. Surfed the internet, read magazines, and dreamed. Hit the Spring Fishing and boat show. Bought a boat in March and proceeded to go nuts as the first 4 weekends after I bought it and brought it home had high winds and crap weather.

starfire008.jpg?t=1294523451

Well, cant do that again (unless I get a BIGGER boat, but that's for another year), but, seeing as how this boat thing is new to me, my experience before being limited to river fishing or my 12 ft tinner, and I like to fish for something more substantial when the opportunity permits, like below caught off Port Burwell on an outing with Vinnom last year

portburwellwalleyes009.jpg?t=1294523608

I figure this one has lots of potential for now. HOWEVER that doesnt mean she's all done ... and although I dont mind getting wet, and wearing my rain gear, its always nice if you can, minimize it, I set myself this goal this winter of upgrading a few things - so first was adding a bit of water proofing to the machine this November courtesy of a local canvas shop

raincover3.jpg?t=1294523787

Next, was an investment in speedy down riggers - with a pair of Scotty pro packs, then some spygear - Lowance Elite 5, a couple more down rigger rods, lead core set ups, a dispey rod (just got that today) and the trollers bible. Still to do is get some pictures to Buster so he can look over a set up of d-r and rod holders. For the most part - other than the electronics - I try to buy at discounts - like the sale Fishing fanatics had for going out of business or from trolling the fishing forums.

Then, eveyonce once a while I make the occassional sacrcastic comment on this board, or hijack a thread and watch all the Monty Python guys come out. Or just enjoy reading what the guys here do - even the hard water fishers - vicarious fishing I call it.

As you can probably tell, I do not deal well with winter.

88 days Twocoda.

Oh, and I put "fishing days" in the bank. My wife scrap books and we have kids. In the summer, most Sundays I 'm on the water, so she's got the kids. In exchange, in the winter if my wife wants to scrap book, hit the spa or do wahtever, I say see ya. That way I have "get out fishing cards" for all water of the soft water season thumbsup_anim.gif

Frankie65 keeps teling me he's going to give me the hard water addiction, but so far weather hasn't been too coperative.

Edited by spincast

canadian.gifGonefishing.gifYour gonna have to start ice fishing man! lol

If not your gonna be watching lots of fishing shows on TV , reading lots of fishing magazines...rofl2.gifgood.gif and watching lots of hockey games lol

Dress warm and get out there... If you want fish that have lots of action during the winter months go for some pike, lake trout, whitefish,perch or some splake fishing. Splake is my favorite during the winter months because they will bite all day and are very aggressive just gotta do some research to make sure wich lakes have been stocked from year to year smile.gif

jerry.gif

For the Mercman,

Okay,here's the short version of the infamous la senza bra incident:

1. Business trip

2. Checked luggage

3. Baggage handlers with a sick sense of humor (I think)?

4. Arrived home and immediately left for a fishing trip

5. Wife emptied the luggage and found the really sexy and perfume laden black la senza bra

6. It wasn't my wifes whistling.gif

True story.

Pikeslayer

Did u pretrend it was your's and you were a crossdresser lol rofl2.gif

Head to the cottage on weekends and putter with whatever I feel like doing. And do stuff like this on weeknights.

Last winter redid this little engine.

th_P1030149-1.jpg

P1030223.jpg

And this old boat.

P1030386.jpg

And this winter going to do two, beginning with this one.

P1030670.jpg

For the Mercman,

Okay,here's the short version of the infamous la senza bra incident:

1. Business trip

2. Checked luggage

3. Baggage handlers with a sick sense of humor (I think)?

4. Arrived home and immediately left for a fishing trip

5. Wife emptied the luggage and found the really sexy and perfume laden black la senza bra

6. It wasn't my wifes whistling.gif

True story.

Pikeslayer

Holy crap man !!!!!!!!w00t.gif That musta been a reaalllllly touchy situation for yaohmy.gif

Then, eveyonce once a while I make the occassional sacrcastic comment on this board, or hijack a thread and watch all the Monty Python guys come out. Or just enjoy reading what the guys here do - even the hard water fishers - vicarious fishing I call it.

ALBATROS !!!!! ALBATROS !!!!! GET YER ALBATROS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

before I took up ice fishing I would go steelheading with little to no success got tired of not catching and gave up on that, a buddy asked me to go ice fishing with him so I went a to local tackle shop and bought my first rod which came with the epic spring bobber and a scoop of minnows, cracked open some pre drilled holes and caught this

P1110118.jpg

was hooked so I went next weekend since I was in school with another friend no minnows anywhere so I used preserved minnows on a swedish pimple and caught this

P1230127.jpg

and here is a vid of the fight as well

so long story short is eventually you will get the bug and get hooked on ice fishing