aplumma ,Art

misfish

Just for you bud.

It,s a hardwood smoked ham, I get from a butcher out in Utopia.He aswell as the spial cut method down like the big store hams,(save on messy carving)but his smokie flavor is awesome.

This is our newyears day dinner, as far back as I can remember.

Virgina ham.

20110101_02.jpg?t=1293915769

That ham is both artistic as well as delicious I am sure. I have a pot of red beans with rice bubbling as we speak. The cornbread with jalapeños and sweet butter is making a sweet smell now. Down to Joes shortly for the rest of our dinner for 17 people.

Art

Dang...sitting here now with a beauty rack in front of me. NO, not J, this is a rack of lamb going to the BBQ served with asparagus, carrots, snow peas, green beans and flageolets. The marinating is done now but a little early to power up the BBQ rotisserie . Have a great meal everyone. And Brian....I'll trade you a few slices of that for a chop or two off the rack.

Roy.........i know i've got loads to learn,but what the heck is flageoletsdunno.gifhuh.gif

I didnt know either but did a search.

Flageolet beans are small immature kidney beans with a history that dates back to the 1800’s in France. The are very hard to find in the US but are sometimes available fresh, dried, or canned. The bean is available in a variety of colors including white (flagolet blanc), black (noir), yellow (jaune), red (rouge) or green (vert).

Flageolet beans are traditionally served with lamb.Theres yer sign.LAMB.

He got us on the Flageolet,but Im sure I,ll get him on the creamdala green peas 2morrow.LOL

Edited by BrianB

Well it certainly looks yummy Brian (and I love ham) but I'll have a bowl from the massive pot of stew I spent all afternoon making, cooked around 5lbs of venison. whistling.gif

Ya see, this is what Im talking about,,,,,,,,,,,Piss off Spiel,,,,,,LMAO. Sounds good to me bud.Enjoy.I know I would.

Corn bread

Ingredients

2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened

1 cup sugar

3 eggs

1 2/3 cups milk

2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour

1 cup cornmeal

4 1/2 teaspoons baking powder

1 teaspoon salt

5 diced jalapeño peppers fresh or pickled

1 sliced to place on top

Directions

In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Combine the eggs and milk. Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with egg mixture.

Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan. Bake at 400 degrees F for 22-27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cut into squares; serve warm.

Honey Butter

Melt 1 stick of butter till soft not liquid

4 tablespoons of honey or liquid cane sugar for more earthy taste.

Mix together and put in refrigerator till semi firm.

Art