A road less travelled

bigugli

We opted, today, to avoid the more crowded areas around Cook's bay. We ran for the upper reaches on Couch instead. That fog was wicked this morning on the drive up.

Fish started hitting a minute or 2 after punching holes, and we had 4 hours of furious action. Admittedly the were mostly dinks, but there were enough quality perch showing up.

DSCN3254.jpg

Around 11:30-12 someone flipped the switch, and the bite turned off. For the next three hours we kept moving and working new holes to coax a couple of bites here and there.

DSCN3253.jpg

By the end of the day some spots were definitely getting soft and sloppy. Next couple of days will make things dicey.

Good job Bruce I wish you had went to the spot I told you about. It's been a slaughter there. I'll be out there again Sunday. I just hope the front doesn't shut them down or move them.

Hope you enjoyed your Brekkie this morning.

We couldn't see a thing for the first few hours, so we were guessing on location. We were on the outside fringe beyond the pack though.

Same thing happened to us on Cooch the other day.. Furious action then around 11am or so it shut right off. Lucky for us we had a pail full by the time that happened, so we just packed up and left. Biggest fish of the day was just under 14inches.