Sneak Peak

trapshooter

Finally enough ice for safe snowmachine travel on Lac Seul. The first walleye ice expedition of the year is in the books. Two of us managed limits of smaller fish and even a couple worthy of pulling the camera out.

PC150560.JPG

PC160563.JPG

That Lindy Darter produced well. They were popping it good and it definitely took the bigger fish.

Great stuff Ben!

Good to know you got ice up there now. I think we are gonna venture a bit further out on the sleds on Sunday too...we drilled through 9" of ice today, good ice too.

Those are beauty walleye, i think my darters and jiggin raps are gonna get their first workout on sunday too, just need to get to 40' -50' FOW...thats where they were last year.

Great report as usual.

Happy Holidays

Simon.

Thanks guys!!

Mike - yes, the darters are run clean. It was giving live-bait a run for its money too. The first morning I was getting set up and dropped the darter down to bottom... reeled up a foot and set my rod down to get my flasher set-up. It wasn't 15 seconds later and my rod was getting pulled down the hole. A walleye slammed the darter when it was sitting still. :thumbsup_anim: