T.J.

Randy From Sturgeon

Lady Walleye (Shelley)

Rodcaster (Chad) and his girlfriend Sara

Spud7378 (Kevin)

NAW (Nick)

Jocko (Hans) and his friend Harv

Rides85 (Andrew)

Joeytier (Joey) and his friend (joining the board SOON)

and myself

It was a great day to be out on the lake and although fishing could have been better the bites were fairly constant through the day.

CIMG2107.jpg

CIMG2103.jpg

We had a snack of fried fish

CIMG2108.jpg

CIMG2111.jpg

Randy brought his special friend

CIMG2113.jpg

Joeytier caught the only 2 walleyes of the day.

CIMG2104.jpg

and I tried my best to fish like Limeyangler but only managed herring and perch.

CIMG2102.jpg

Congratulations to NAW who took home $15 for the most fish caught. He also one a free nights accomodations in my hut tonight. He texted me and will have a cell phone picture of the 25" HOG walleye he caught tonight around 10pm. It was released.

CIMG2106.jpg

We never did measure the herring but at the end of the day we figure Jocko's friend Harv caught the biggest one. We had a good pike through the hole but it broke off and went back down.

Once again, thanks to all who made it out I had a great day.

sounds like a great time was had by all. Wish i could have made it, had to work 7 am to 11pm on a transport rollover on hwy 11 N <_< regardless of being able to make it or not thank you kindly for the invite.

Matt

It would have been great to have you out there today Matt. We'll hook up sometime.

I sure was fun!!!.... Nice meeting everyone... I must apologize for only catching 1 measly Perch , but it was fun anyway.

I thought that I took tons of pics but turns out that I took 37

fuzzy 1 second videos :wallbash:

Rod Caster, do you have that Artie in the snowsuit picture available.

Hey guys,

Im Brendan, the guy who came out with Joeytier. Saturday was a great day on the ice. Thaks to everyone for coming out and especially to Blair for the top notch hospitality!. It was great to meet everyone!

Here are a few pictures from saturday.

Joey with his trophy of the day

DSC02512.jpg

DSC02505.jpg

My two fish of the day

DSC02510.jpg

DSC02511.jpg

The hut

DSC02506.jpg

DSC02509.jpg

First time driving on the ice!

DSC02504.jpg

I sure was fun!!!.... Nice meeting everyone... I must apologize for only catching 1 measly Perch , but it was fun anyway.

I thought that I took tons of pics but turns out that I took 37

fuzzy 1 second videos wallbash.gif

Rod Caster, do you have that Artie in the snowsuit picture available.

Yes I have that photo, I'll post it here in the next...well, soon. Just got home from Loring. Sooooo much fishing in the past 48 hrs and I plan on hitting the shack again tonight.

Thanks to Blair and TJ and all the participants! Sarah and I had a great time.

I'll post my photos later today.

How did the Herring taste and how did you guys cook it???? Very interested in knowing whether they are worth keeping next time.

Congrats to Joeytier on the two walleye!!! You spanked everyone hahaha.

Big thanks to Blair for the excellent hospitality (and the beer) :good: and of course TJ for the awesome swag (currently enjoying my mug).

The fishing was good, and the company was even better. Always nice to meet OFC'ers

Swag.. I've always wanted some OFC swag.. Big thanks to TJ for dropping that stuff off!

And thanks Blair for setting things up, and letting me use the shack for the night.

It was great to pull a nice hog through the ice. Measured it at almost 25", and figure it was about 5lbs. Big fat belly.

My batteries ran dead on my camera, so I only have 1 decent picture, and that's of me.

The nighttime cell phone / flashlight picture of the walleye didn't turn our good at all. I tried to get my foot in there for a comparison.. She looks a little rough, but she swam off strong..

p_00596-1.jpg

DSCF2414.jpg

And of coarse the swag!.

p_00591.jpg

Edited by NAW

Here are my select pics from the G2G. Randy's deer head is FREAKY!!! hahaha

Somebody got stuck right at the ice shack...heavy snow drifts everywhere

IMG_0016.jpg

Randy and the shack

IMG_0018.jpg

My GF jigging her heart out. haha

IMG_0021.jpg

Randy getting in touch with the wildlife gods

IMG_0023.jpg

Blair checking his line

IMG_0024.jpg

Me with a hering

IMG_0026.jpg

Again...great times!thumbsup_anim.gif

and I tried my best to fish like Limeyangler but only managed herring and perch.

CIMG2102.jpg

AWESOME GLOVES BLAIR!!!!!!! :clapping::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::rofl2::good:

fantastic GTG people...love all the pictures...Randy...that deer head is freakin' weird and scary....love it.

So many different stories....great read.

GOOD TIMES!

Probably the last post for this thread then we can let it die. I was back out at the hut yesterday from 11:30 - 4:30 and had wayyy too much to drink. I caught 13" walleye and a buddy caught a 22.5" pike. We caught lots of perch but only kept a few for a snack in the hut. No pictures.

Probably the last post for this thread then we can let it die. I was back out at the hut yesterday from 11:30 - 4:30 and had wayyy too much to drink. I caught 13" walleye and a buddy caught a 22.5" pike. We caught lots of perch but only kept a few for a snack in the hut. No pictures.

Speaking of way to much to drink. If you catch a brand new mag light in that area. let me know.. :stretcher::wallbash:

Speaking of way to much to drink. If you catch a brand new mag light in that area. let me know.. stretcher.gifwallbash.gif

Bahahaha. Reminds me of the rod holder I lost, the jigging rod I broke, the sweater I forgot on Sat night....Next time I drink and fish I'm bringing NOTHING with me, especially if in the dark.

And of coarse the swag!.

Swag? There was swag? huh.gif

Left too soon I guess. Ah, well, maybe next time. biggrin.gif

On another note, the Steelers lost. Green Bay's got a great team though, and you gotta love Aaron Rodgers.

Nick, didn't I tell you to use the head lamp? Which hole did it go down? I may try a big magnet I have.

If you walk straight out the door of the hut, it's the first whole you will come to..

About 20' from the hut..

Hahahah Great stories Guys... I have a few pic's to add too, but I'm still on the road, as soon as I'm home, I'll get them up here...

I thought that Herring tasted just like a little white fish... first time I ever tried herring...

Thanks again Blair and everyone for a great day... :clapping:

Swag.. I've always wanted some OFC swag.. Big thanks to TJ for dropping that stuff off!

And thanks Blair for setting things up, and letting me use the shack for the night.

It was great to pull a nice hog through the ice. Measured it at almost 25", and figure it was about 5lbs. Big fat belly.

My batteries ran dead on my camera, so I only have 1 decent picture, and that's of me.

The nighttime cell phone / flashlight picture of the walleye didn't turn our good at all. I tried to get my foot in there for a comparison.. She looks a little rough, but she swam off strong..

p_00596-1.jpg

DSCF2414.jpg

And of coarse the swag!.

p_00591.jpg

Naw.. it was nice meeting you... but don't be so bashful.. He forgot to mention he threw a lot more fish back then is seen... and he got that big walleye in Randy's ONE" perch hOLE .. LOL <love teasing>

It was fun watchin you catch fish after fish...

Great day forsure.. :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by LadyWalleye