got out on the ice!

limeyangler

Got out on the ice last Sunday(my computer has been down since i then hence the delayed report). Still not enough ice after 3 weeks since the lake froze...snow...snow...snow...i have grown to hate the stuff...on the bright side the snow makes my snowmachine insurance premium seem a bit more worth it...lol.

Anyway...here's my uneventful first line down of a new ice season....should be getting out 'for real' this weekend....YAY!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jV4knRVQ3mw?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jV4knRVQ3mw?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jV4knRVQ3mw?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Temagami is freezing up, but not safe as of yet. Temagami First Nation has taken out its large Stanley boat this afternoon. Took about 25 minutes to get to Bear Island breaking ice this morning. As of 4 o'clock today the airboat will begin running back and forth to the Mine landing. It is suppose to reamin windy, so I would expect personal boaters to keep a channel open over the weekend going to do christmas shopping in North Bay.

JTF

Simon.... you just couldn't restrain yourself and keep off eh :whistling::lol:

I know how you feel about not being safe standing there on thin ice :blink: Last year (dec. 24th) I was fishing on roughly 5" and was not very confortable knowing that about a few yards away, ice would be thinner :o

I did not stay very long & didn't catch a sniff but like you said, felt good to be dipping a line in :)

Not much ice over here yet so far but it's promising if the temps stay the way they are ;)

Thanks for taking the time to post and share with us

Tight lines

Jacques

Got out on the ice last Sunday(my computer has been down since i then hence the delayed report). Still not enough ice after 3 weeks since the lake froze...snow...snow...snow...i have grown to hate the stuff...on the bright side the snow makes my snowmachine insurance premium seem a bit more worth it...lol.

Anyway...here's my uneventful first line down of a new ice season....should be getting out 'for real' this weekend....YAY!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jV4knRVQ3mw?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jV4knRVQ3mw?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jV4knRVQ3mw?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

You are making me jealous!!!!!!!! :(

We had 1" down here this morning, then the winds came and dashed it all to bits.

Yeah Bruce, ive been spoiled up here so far, aparently this was normal up here in the '70s, lots of snow and not much fishing till the new year.

Simon.... you just couldn't restrain yourself and keep off eh :whistling::lol:

I know how you feel about not being safe standing there on thin ice :blink: Last year (dec. 24th) I was fishing on roughly 5" and was not very confortable knowing that about a few yards away, ice would be thinner :o

I did not stay very long & didn't catch a sniff but like you said, felt good to be dipping a line in :)

Not much ice over here yet so far but it's promising if the temps stay the way they are ;)

Thanks for taking the time to post and share with us

Tight lines

Jacques

I was like that yesterday Jacques....all in all about ten inches of slush, then ice, then WATER...then slush/ice and finally 3" of clear ice....just hard to judge how much that will hold and makes you wonder if its not something completely different a few yards in front, behind. left or right.

sorry limey, just wanted to add great post.Im off next week and driving to ice somewhere.Dryden might be a bit far, but thanks for the early preview show.

This is soooo late though...its killing me.

thanks for the post! i enjyed watching even though you didnt get any.

cheers!

Thanks LBH, it was nice just to be out.

the way things are looking down here we might just get a real ice fishing season this year hope ya get some real ice soon

Awesome Mike....waddaya fish for?

That was a cool little video Simon. Can't wait to see the one you take in two weeks :thumbsup_anim:

Joey

Thanks Joey...I'm breaking trail with the sleds tomorrow into another lake...i got out today in the bay....the -27 degrees the last couple nights has firmed things up....got one solid hit but failed to connect. Its almost -30 here tonight and did not get above -20 in the day for the last 2 days....loads of sleds on the lake today...bit early for that i think.....but its finally HERE!!!!!

Nice. Very jealous here. Hope you have better luck on the weekend!

I'm getting out tomorrow FL...will post a report...hopefully land my first fish on the ice for this season.

Nice man -24 thats good and cold, I'm sure that area will be safe for you in no time. Can't wait to get out on the ice in a few weeks.

Thanks for sharing,

MTBF

Thanks mike....its good to go in our bay...hoping the lake we are gonna check is similar.

Great report. Wont be long now..

tomorrow...tomorrow....tommorrow!!!!!!

SIMON!!!!!!

...Come on man...show me the fishies!!!!

By the way, it sucks here..only -2 and no chance of ice for quite a while...

DALE!...missed ya buddy, wont be the same here skunking for brookies :whistling: and laker fishing on at Vickers.

Hopefully the ice is good at Dore and we get some eyes and whities......great to hear from ya bud!