Good waterproof camera?

crossover

I got the Fuji FinePix....the one that Dave Mercer is sponsored by....works great!! And right around your price point...they make a better one now that you can take with you ice fishing and not worry about it freezing either....mine has been all over the islands and in the swamps of Florida.....No problems and good pics!!

Chrispy!

there was a great, long thread about this a month or so back...try searching for it, lots of good info there

my next one will be sony or panasonic but pretty much all the big manufacturers have a waterproof model, all in about the 200-400 mark, all pretty comparable....pentax and olympus both have good models as well

IMG_0537 (320x240).jpgI researched as as well.. took Canon D10 to mexico. Salt water ,under water video with the stingrays,beautiful!! Bought the floating wrist strap as well,really didnt need it to float but made easier to keep on wrist.

Also lots of pics around tropical fish coral etc, fantastic.

Cant go wrong !

Cheers

Edited by Kanuck

IMG_0537 (320x240).jpgI researched as as well.. took Canon D10 to mexico. Salt water ,under water video with the stingrays,beautiful!! Bought the floating wrist strap as well,really didnt need it to float but made easier to keep on wrist.

Also lots of pics around tropical fish coral etc, fantastic.

Cant go wrong !

Cheers

The Sony TX5 is a great camera if you're not going 10ft or deeper. Super compact as well with touch screen. http://sonystyle.ca/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=20153&catalogId=100803&langId=200&productId=8198552921666122654

The fuji is on sale at staples for $159 i believe I think the thread that was mentioned was the one I started and after looking at all the options I went with the fuji and have been happy with it so far great battery life and easy to use/ set up to take great shots,like this one.

0252.jpg

Edited by SRT8

The fugi is a nice camera, it's very simple to use. But it doesn't have a lot of the settings options that some of the other camera do. If you're a simple point and clicker this will work great for you. The timer is nice as you can position the camera, push the shutter and you've got 10 seconds to pose with the fish (but this doesn't always work well on bright days).

The fugi is a nice camera, it's very simple to use. But it doesn't have a lot of the settings options that some of the other camera do. If you're a simple point and clicker this will work great for you. The timer is nice as you can position the camera, push the shutter and you've got 10 seconds to pose with the fish (but this doesn't always work well on bright days).

I prefer to spend a little more money and have something of better quality. I've found the aforementioned camera tread, and am currently looking into the t5x, d10, and olympus tough.

I prefer to spend a little more money and have something of better quality. I've found the aforementioned camera tread, and am currently looking into the t5x, d10, and olympus tough.

If you've got the money you can definitely do better than the fuji (but it's good for $150 or so). At work I have an olympus tough, not sure of the exact model, and it's good too.

If you've got the money you can definitely do better than the fuji (but it's good for $150 or so). At work I have an olympus tough, not sure of the exact model, and it's good too.

Panasonic TS2 is $300 after taxes and shipping (lowest canadian price is $350). I would reccomend those interested in buying a waterproof camera in reading this review.

@buster: umm I have an outboard so idk, tiller?

I have the pentax optio W90 and highly recommend it. Very quick on start up, all the usual features of any point & shoot, built in macro lights, comfortable in the hand and fits well in any pocket. The only downfall I have found is that the view screen glass will get scratched as it sits proud of the rear surface of the camera. Avoid the Olympus, terribly slow on start up. Canon was a close second but it is very bulky. Fuji seemed cheap to me, my brother in law has one, I don't know how he's making out with it.

Cheers

http://ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=45523&vpn=3508B005&manufacture=Canon&promoid=1267

D10 is on sale for $98 off. I love NCIX, always have some sale going on specifically when I'm looking for a product. Bought a pair of Koss Portapros for $30 off. Anyways, just a heads up to those who are interested in a cam, I'm still going for the TS2, which is about $14 more expensive, but the D10 is too bulky.

The fuji is on sale at staples for $159 i believe I think the thread that was mentioned was the one I started and after looking at all the options I went with the fuji and have been happy with it so far great battery life and easy to use/ set up to take great shots,like this one.

This. I have the same camera, for $159, on sale, it does everything I ask of it.

Terry,

That little Canon D10 must be a new one. I wish it had been out there when I bought my Olympus a couple of years back. For underwater, they work great down to 33 feet, which is good for snorkelling. I would much prefer canon over Olympus and the SD memory would have been comparable with my other Canon equip. Olympus uses XD with an adapter to Micro SD.

• 1 month later...

This is definitely a case of getting what you pay for. The panasonic is one of the priciest (used to be $400) but has won most every comparison for a reason. I bought one mostly because it takes the best videos so when I hook that fish of a lifetime it will look great.