Bay of Quinte

fishnsled

Well I'll get this started and hopefully some of the other will add their pics.

Gerritt met up at my place Friday morning for our tour to Quinte. He was having some light problems on his trailer, so we worked on it and thought we had it sorted out. Stopped for gas on the way down and noticed the light was back to not working.:wallbash: A trip into Walmart and they had the light we needed, a parking lot repair and we were on our way. We had one more stop to make for a special pick up.

HawgHunter from the board had contacted Gerritt it see if we would like some chili, what the heck sure. Must have noticed our waste-lines were thinning. So we meet up with him and find out he has cases of chili for us! Thanks HawgHunter!!:good: We load it into the boat and we are off.

Pulled into camp late afternoon and got settled in. The others were on the way out and Headhunter managed a sweet Quinte walleye. We sat down to a get chili dinner that Skeeter had brought, it was just awesome. Young One had brought some noodles that his mom made that were fantastic. A few drinks, and laughs and called it a day.

The next morning we woke to crazy winds. :wallbash::wallbash: With 4 of us fishing out of tinnies, we stayed on shore to wait out the weather as the winds were to die down. The others with the bigger boats went out to do battle. We played some euchre, cribbage, some had naps. Finally the winds died down enough to get out. It ended up being a pleasant evening and I boated one fish.

Moon rise.

IMG_6819.jpg

Gerritt keeping an eye on the boards.

IMG_6820.jpg

And my fish from the evening bite.

IMG_6821.jpg

Back in for dinner and Joe's melt in you mouth pot roast. Awesome meal yet again. So good I believe Young One had 5 helpings, he's a growing boy. He has a lot of catching up to do to be in the shape us seasoned anglers are. :whistling: The Leaf game and a few drinks and another day gone.

A pic of the drink of choice, at least for Headhunter and I. Young One's flashlight sure makes it look purdy.

IMG_6826.jpg

The next morning the winds had changed to the east/southeast. A bit choppy but nowhere close to what we had the day before. Fished until early afternoon then came time to head in and pack up. I boated one more walleye Sunday morning and Young One got one jigging. We packed up and we were on our way.

A couple of shots of my fish. I should really learn how to put a hat on straight.

IMG_6827.jpg

IMG_6830.jpg

I'll let the others fill in the blanks and add a few more pictures. Lincoln's crew boated some nice ones and hopefully he'll add the pics before Christmas, 2011. A great time was had by all, thanks for the good times gentlemen and for the ride Gerritt, nice to finally fish with ya. We can't wait until next year. Hopefully we can find some common ground to put all of us together. :canadian:

Great report and pics!! I missed Joe's lemon drops this year. I wanted to park the boat at your dock a couple times but not enough water so no lemon drops :wallbash::wallbash::(

Maybe next year we can all book soon enough and fill the Picton Harbour inn. Would be nice to have everyone all in one spot. Ill start the ball rolling sept 1 next year and see what we can do.

Great report and pics!! I missed Joe's lemon drops this year. I wanted to park the boat at your dock a couple times but not enough water so no lemon drops :wallbash: :wallbash: :(

Maybe next year we can all book soon enough and fill the Picton Harbour inn. Would be nice to have everyone all in one spot. Ill start the ball rolling sept 1 next year and see what we can do.

Thanks Lloyd. That certainly is a problem for Perfect Vue, docks are all pulled out but one and you only have about 1-2 feet of water at the one left in. Not much you can do when they drop the water levels like they do. Would have been nice to have seen your gang Lloyd. The lemons were very good this year, well they are always good.;)

If we start talking about next year now, then maybe next year we can get our crap together.:)

ok i will add a little bit of a report.

as for the fish i caught ( or lack there of) im not reporting <_<

i had a GREAT time with the group :clapping:

BUT...............

i LOST my OFC hat :wallbash::wallbash:

it was a sacrifice to the fishing gods, with help from the winds on saturday. :o:(

Thanks for starting the report Will...

Another most excellent adventure at Perfect Vue this year! A total of 10 of us managed to fill two cabins and new friends were made and old friends re-united.

Bitsmith and I arrived at The Vue on Friday at around 2:00pm. Un-packed and washed the road dust out with a few bevies.

All had arrived by 3:00pm, so it was time to get out and get some fish... on the water by about 3:30pm. Special baits loaded into the boat.

About an hour into our fish, my rod gets a hit... I'm thinkin, ok, maybe we will have another good trip... here's a pic of the fish... ok... three!

DSCN2886.jpg

Mike, we should probably consider getting a bigger net for next year! LMAO

Here's a pic of the classic hold...

DSCN2887.jpgFish was 29 inches.

And of course, how could we not get the gun shot... please pay no attention to the specail bait used in the pic. Someone was supposed to blur out the bait in the shot, but alas, it did not happen.

Please please please, don't be telling anyone or everyone who will listen obout this bait... it will make it darn near impossible to source this bait, if everyone starts using it... here's the pic.

DSCN2888.jpg

Dann, please thank your wife for the great Chili... my goodness did it make for some laughs later that night.

YoungOne, thank your Mom for the noodles as well... I honestly don't know how your parents can afford to feed you! LOL

Saturday morning revealed some pretty nasty winds, so, we hung low and tried to wait it out.

Finally got on the water at around 3:00pm, with only one fish on and lost that night. As special thanks to the good folks at Iceberg Vodka for their contribution to Saturday nights activities!

Sunday morning we were on the water at the crack of 9:00am! Fished until about 12:30pm, one fish on and lost is all we could manage. Again, the wind was a major player all weekend and Sunday was no exception.

Too bad we didn't get a visit from the U and Me crew, I had lemons put away for such a visit.

Maybe, just maybe, we'll get our poop together next year and find ourselves all located in the same area code!

Thanks again to Bitsmith for dragging my behind around and to all the other boys for giving me the laugh I obviously needed.

HH

Forgot to add... the word of the weekend was ARMAGEDDON!!!

Dann, feel free to post up some of those shots you sent me!

Edited by Headhunter

Okay, here is my bit to add.

I caught no fish but a huge buzz.

I had a great time with some old and a bunch of new friends too!

Because we didn't hook up with U&ME I did my best impression on Sunday and laid down on the bow of young_one's boat for a bit. It was needed! Thanks again guys!!!

On Linc, did you get a pic of the front door of your cabin? It looked like a crazy murder scene!

Haha - the pix are still on the cams...I don't remember! The whole w/e is kinduva a blur.

That was some kinduv funny - there was an incident with the fresh squab. Too dang' funny...but probably not for open forum. I'll tell y'all next time I see y'all!

HAHAHA Beauty JOE!!!! :thumbsup_anim: Looks like Dr. Gulpmellows?

Phil, we were fully prepared with multiple versions of that bait! We had the large size, for if and when the fish were biting agressively and the smaller version, coloured and scented, should we be forced to slow down our presentation. Now if I could only get that pin rod to sit right in the Salty! And I think I may have to go with the 13 ft rod next year! :whistling:

Dr. Mellow was the ticket! LMAO

HH

thanks for posting that joe.. i could sense that the two lost fish weren't going to be double digits so i intentionally released them from 150' away.. in hindsight i think we should've rigged up the port side rod with a small yellow marshmellow.. wish the winds would've been a little more cooperative on sat. but what can ya do?

was nice meeting a few new people.. i gotta thank GBW for showing us how a real man wears his mayo, and for unveiling the covetted mustard sandwich..also for also filling the need for at least one guy in the cabin that whistled and drank him self into an incoherant, catatonic state..

i had a great time, and am looking forward to next year..