Fish Inn 2 man hut

Cudz

I am not sure if a question like this has been posted already but I want to know if these are any good and if anyone has one? They don't come with a sled but are a fairly small bundle to carry.

$164 seems pretty reasonable.

Any input would be appreciated.

It is called an Eskimo quickfish 3

Edited by Cudz

at costco in barrie. The gas auger is $289 and the hut is $169

I don't think that the hut at Costco Barrie, is the same as the one on Costco.ca.

I bought the one from Costco.ca (Orange/Grey) and am very impressed with it. The fabric seems the same as a clam and setup/take down is a breeze.

The one at Costco Barrie is blue and goes by another name - correct me if I'm wrong.

As far as augers go, I bought a 6" fin -bor 3 2 years ago and love it. Considering that the majority of my ice fishing is on simcoe and the muskokas, I have never felt the need for gas powered. It's a quick as anything and effortless to use. I have yet to catch that 20lb laker, but I have had many 8 and 9's come through the hole with no problem. For $90, you can't go wrong.

Edited by Ten90

You are correct about the hut.. as my wife and sis-in-law called me from Costco last week asking if I wanted one. Was a different brand/colour etc than the one shown on-line. They also didn't have the sled style hut there or any augers in stock at the time, but told them the augers were coming in.

are 2 man huts comfortable enough for 2 people, plus equipment (bait buckets, etc.)? I always see them and think they'd be too small.

Myself,I like the room in a two man hut for one person. I had the HT one man,once you get your two holes drilled and heater set up,it,s pretty cramped in there. If your like Terry and bring everything and the kitchen sink,a two man for one fisher is just right. :tease:

Don't buy a 6-inch auger -- spend the money and get a bigger cut.

I have an 8-inch, which is ok, but most of the guys I fish with have 10-inch, which is best.

The fish can fit through, but you'll hook up on the ice often without the added room...esp with ice jigs.

Some things you can skimp on...but take my word for it on this one...

I have an 8-inch, which is ok, but most of the guys I fish with have 10-inch, which is best.

The fish can fit through, but you'll hook up on the ice often without the added room...esp with ice jigs.

Bigger hole,more room for the fish to twist and turn and dive back down. 8 Works fine.But I do agree about the ,you'll hook up on the ice often without the added room. Just need to finess them into the hole.

Myself,I like the room in a two man hut for one person. I had the HT one man,once you get your two holes drilled and heater set up,it,s pretty cramped in there. If your like Terry and bring everything and the kitchen sink,a two man for one fisher is just right. :tease:

Yup, what he said. :D

The auger for 289 is a 8"

The ice shelter was $164. I bought it. Not sure whether or not I will keep it or take it back. We'll see.

Click here to see the ice shelter.

http://www.geteskimo.com/foundations/store_getEskimo/shopdetail.asp?params=69143*79

Edited by Cudz

I did not realize that Eskimo made this shelter as well.

Good to know...

The auger for 289 is a 8"

The ice shelter was $164. I bought it. Not sure whether or not I will keep it or take it back. We'll see.

Click here to see the ice shelter.

http://www.geteskimo.com/foundations/store_getEskimo/shopdetail.asp?params=69143*79