Best touchdown ever?

Headhunter

Versions of that play have been going around for years. Usually the QB takes the ball, runs toward his coach screaming "Coach, wrong ball!" He then takes off when he gets to the sideline. As a youth coach, I personally think it's bush league to run those plays but they work.

Here's my vote for the best touchdown. One of our own young OFNer's:

An OFNer running for 6

LOL...props to the kid who recognized for sure...QB is lucky IMO nobody destroyed him, takes guts to walk through the line like that, i was told to hit whenever in doubt rather than down 6....our rival high school had a history of sneaky plays with our head coach

cheeky plays maybe aren't the most noble way to put points on teh board, but if the D can't recognize then so be it, teach em the hard way

last college came i attended duke got scored on 3 times with the same play...O lined up with 10 guys, WR is 11th player and sneaks on late and nobody picks him up...at least duke has basketball goin for them

Forget knocking the kids head off, punch the ball out and go in for your own score.

A play like that, at that level, stinks.

Pro, college, even high school fair game, but they look like 8-10 year olds. I'm not sure if I'd be more mad if my kid was on the team that was tricked, or pulled the play???

plays like that are best learned at the developmental stage, when you're learning the game....it wasn't even that sneaky, the D failed IMO...ball moved off the scrimage line, its now your job to make contact....should teams share playbooks so there are no surprises???

every coach i ever had prepared us for these plays, part of the game...

plays like that are best learned at the developmental stage, when you're learning the game....it wasn't even that sneaky, the D failed IMO...ball moved off the scrimage line, its now your job to make contact....should teams share playbooks so there are no surprises???

every coach i ever had prepared us for these plays, part of the game...

Sorry prostar, we're not worthy. Like I said before, that coach is going straight the NFL. He is so proud that he tricked some kids.

Just about every play in the game of football is to fool or misdirect the defense. Nothing new here. I coached little league football for many years and on our first offense series we would run the same play twice and then the third time the QB would yell "same play, same play" but this time the QB kept the ball after a fake hand off and ran a naked bootleg in the opposite direction...it worked many times.

For those who don't like this play (the video) then how about reverses or counters, play action passes, draws, traps, the list can go on and on.

Football is about discipline and character. As a coach you have to prepare your team for almost anything.

I've chagned my mind. The practice time used for that play was well spent. The kids can learn how to put their thigh pads on next year... tackling can be learned "in-game"... ball security is over rated...and the Bills are talking to that coach as we speak... because of his character.

I've chagned my mind. The practice time used for that play was well spent. The kids can learn how to put their thigh pads on next year... tackling can be learned "in-game"... ball security is over rated...and the Bills are talking to that coach as we speak... because of his character.

From all indications that team look very well coach, pads were on correctly and they were ready to go....However, the other team not so much..... :whistling:

I'm sure the coaches on the defensive side of the ball were yelling to tackle him, but it was too late..... :wallbash: