Camp West Report

TJQ

Took my annual adventure out west to Mine Center,. This year I brought Avery for his first big hunt. It was a great trip and we hunted hard, but to no avail this year. Weather, temperature and full moon cycle seemed to conspire against us, plus I think the moose and wolf population is pushing the deer out. Our normal hunting areas were loaded with moose sign, but not as much deer sign as usual. Avery did manage to see two does, but never got a shot in and he watched a cow for a while, but, as usual we had a bull tag.

We did manage to get some great bird hunting and fishing in and that at least was very successful, I've never seen a year with so many birds. Here's some pics for ya.

Hmmm... Pickerel EH???

IMG_1248.jpg

The boys and the NEW improved sauna

IMG_1230.jpg

Busy beavers making life difficult for the "dog"

IMG_1225.jpg

Longest first nation reserve name EVER!!!

IMG_1220.jpg

Avery with the crews catch!!

IMG_1193.jpg

Sauger in the lake... funny it tasted just like pickerel.....

IMG_1191.jpg

Lotsa partridge around... amazing year..

IMG_1168.jpg

LOL.. you shoot 'em you clean em..

IMG_1172.jpg

A quiet year for sure, but way better than sitting in the office!!!!

The boys and the NEW improved sauna

IMG_1230.jpg

Awesome TJ, sounds like a blast! Which one is your son though?? :sarcasm: Talk about a mini me, wow.

I see you guys are safety minded and well prepared. Always smart to have one guy with floater suit on incase someone (in this case I would assume "hose dude") goes for a dip. :D:whistling:

Edited by Harrison

Spent the weekend in Manooth not hunting just hanging out but we did get a huge bag of mushrooms , and we saw deer every day , my buddy has 250 acres and he would let you set up there lol. Cant believe how much Avery has grown , a real chip off the old block . Its like he has grown up in front of us , great to get him out for trips like this , and bonus he can clean the birds . Its great to see young people carrying on the Canadian Traditions as my father learned from his father and I learned from him and Im now teaching my sons , kids that hunt and fish and enjoy time in the woods DONT END UP IN JAIL . Its nice to see a big buck hanging up on the rack , but time spent with family and a great bunch of guys , cant be beat,harvesting a deer is just a reason for going . Great report and again I have to say wow has Avery ever grown up , Im sure your one proud Daddy . B

It's all about being in the outdoors and spending time with your son and friends.

Getting an animal is a bonus.

Sounds like a great trip to me.

Hopefully I'll be lucky enough to have my son and/or daughters join me on a hunt some day.

see you guys are safety minded and well prepared. Always smart to have one guy with floater suit on incase someone (in this case I would assume "hose dude") goes for a dip.

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Yep Avery sure looks like a spawn off of mini me. Cleaning birds is fun,but you should of shown him the easy way. :tease:

Next week is my turn.