Foot or feet

west lake charlie

Why oh why can't we have a Canadian only night on wfn?

Can anyone tell me why there is no plural use of foot on American shows.

For example" that bass was in 3 foot of water"

They all say it and it drives me nuts! Maybe I'm just picky.

I'd love a night with italo, the chronz, Charlie wray, fish n Canada, mercer, all those west coast shows, and what about good old bob!

What do you guys think ?

I'd love a night with italo, the chronz, Charlie wray, fish n Canada, mercer, all those west coast shows, and what about good old bob!

What do you guys think ?

Isn't that on Wednesdays?

What do you guys think ?

i agree ...it is an oddity ...cuz the yanks have no problem putting both feets in their mouths.. :whistling:

Sometimes we talk funny down here.The way it goes is two feet of water,three foot of water.Dunno why,its the way it is.Not wrong,just different.

A Cajun man wants a job, but the foreman won't hire him until he passes a little math test.

Here is your first question, the foreman said. "Without using numbers, represent the number 9."

"Without numbers?" The Cajun says, "Dat is easy." And proceeds to draw three trees.

math11qb.jpg

" What's this?" the boss asks?

"Ave you got no brain? Tree and tree and tree make nine," says the Cajun.

! "Fair enough," says the boss. "Here's your second question. Use the same rules, but this time the number is 99."

The Cajun stares into space for a while, then picks up the picture that he has just drawn and makes a smudge on each tree. "Ere you go."

math27zb.jpg

The boss scratches his head and says, "How on earth do you get that to represent 99?"

"Each of da trees is dirty now. So, it's dirty tree, and dirty tree, and dirty tree. Dat is 99."

Surely Microsoft can find a place for him!!!!!

The boss is getting worried that he's going to actually have to hire this Cajun, so he says, "All right, last question. Same rules again, but represent the number 100."

The Cajun stares into space some more, then he picks up the picture again and makes a little mark at the base of each tree and says, "Ere you go. One hundred."

math37rs.jpg

The boss looks at the attempt. "You must be nuts if you think that represents a hundred!"

The Cajun leans forward and points to the marks at the base of each tree and says, "A little dog come along and crap by each tree. So now you got dirty tree and a turd, dirty tree and a turd, and dirty tree and a turd, which makes one hundred."

"So, when I start?"

The proper way to use singular/plural is as follows:

When referring to a distance always use plural (unless you are only specifying a distance of 1 unit)

When referring to a size or nominal distance, use the singular

Examples:

The 19 foot boat is 19 feet long.

At the 30 foot contour line, you will be in 30 feet of water.

i think we call it feets here in quebec. as im 'my lure she swim in 6 feets of water'

last time i looked anyway....mellow.gif

Shall we now try to tackle Two, to and too or Weather, Whether? While we are here on this subject is it A, AH, or Eh for a question mark.... Feet and foot are some of the words that can be buggerized by were in the US you live.

Crawfish is the correct way to say it Crayfish is what the the people Above the Mason Dixie line say. :P

In all if you understand what the person is saying you got to sometimes ignore the path they took to get their.

Art