Video Taping Police Illegal?

TC1OZ

My link <---- link to article

IMHO i don't care, as long as the person doing the taping is not interfering with an investigation. We're basically trained to think that there are cameras on us at all time because all stores and parking lots have security cameras....and everyone's cell phone has a camera.

Have i been videotaped? yeah. Have I had a camera shoved in my face? yeah....it comes with the territory

Edited by FishnNAutographs

I ya haven't seen it, here's the video----

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK5bMSyJCsg

I honestly would have had trouble believing the guy was a cop in the firstplace. Look more like he's trying to steal the bike in my opinion, regardless of what he says. Why the need for the gun???? Does the dudes headlight double as a bazooka???

The ability to bear witness with an electronic device has been a tool of law enforcements for many years down here and used quite successfully in prosecuting wrong doers. Who is holding the camera should not make a difference as long as it is not interfering in a legal process.

Art

I ya haven't seen it, here's the video----

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK5bMSyJCsg

I honestly would have had trouble believing the guy was a cop in the firstplace. Look more like he's trying to steal the bike in my opinion, regardless of what he says. Why the need for the gun???? Does the dudes headlight double as a bazooka???

obviously this is american and its a whole different world down there....they pull their chunks on everyone down there lol

First off I have yet to have a helmet cam on if I planned to take just a nice putt on the bike. If you were a cop and in 3.34 min you have watched someone made numerous illegal and reckless moves (turns wheelies,solid line crossing excess speed etc.) on a motorcycle forcing you the cop to aggressively pursue them in traffic do you think you would not be a little amped up? The guy got exactly the reaction I would expect from an unmarked police cruiser with an off duty officer with no back up.

Art

i'm not sayin anything bad. I wouldn't pull my chunk though...in fact we couldn't even engage a motorcycle in a pursuit....but i woulda yanked him off the bike for sure...then seized his helmet and camera for the evidence...easy dangerous driving and stunt driving x2

Edited by FishnNAutographs

First off I have yet to have a helmet cam on if I planned to take just a nice putt on the bike. If you were a cop and in 3.34 min you have watched someone made numerous illegal and reckless moves (turns wheelies,solid line crossing excess speed etc.) on a motorcycle forcing you the cop to aggressively pursue them in traffic do you think you would not be a little amped up? The guy got exactly the reaction I would expect from an unmarked police cruiser with an off duty officer with no back up.

Art

film is comming to a end .. there are programs out there that can put you in a film. it is almost undetectable and soon will be .. it soon will not be admissible in court.... i am not a laywer but taking computer sience and it is comming

Adrenalin poisoning... The real reason why humans go for the edge and beyond. The biker with the law defying stunts and the officer in pursuit.The reaction to excessive stimulus is to release an equal amount of adrenalin to match the situation.It is what man has relied on thru evolution to survive.

Art

Adrenalin poisoning... The real reason why humans go for the edge and beyond. The biker with the law defying stunts and the officer in pursuit.The reaction to excessive stimulus is to release an equal amount of adrenalin to match the situation.It is what man has relied on thru evolution to survive.

Art

it's also good for natural selection....seems to get rid of a lot of meatheads! :thumbsup_anim::blink::w00t::lol:

Art

I'm just gonna say that the cop apparently was off duty as well....I don't think I'd call that unmarked. And, he had backup...there was a state trooper behind the bike. I'm not tryin to stir the pot, but that dude is a perfect example of police power tripping. I'm not saying they all do that, but it was certainly a perfect example of a nasty cop.

I'm just gonna say that the cop apparently was off duty as well....I don't think I'd call that unmarked. And, he had backup...there was a state trooper behind the bike. I'm not tryin to stir the pot, but that dude is a perfect example of police power tripping. I'm not saying they all do that, but it was certainly a perfect example of a nasty cop.

Here in the States even while off duty they are required to carry and render assistance in situations were on duty officers are not available. I did not see the Trooper behind the bike with that in light the officers reaction was excessive in the situation but adrenaline sometimes does not boil off quickly enough. I would believe power tripping was in play if the adrenaline factored was not so apparent. All said though without the backround of the officers career the best we can do is speculate and that is not fair to him.

Art

it's also good for natural selection....seems to get rid of a lot of meatheads! thumbsup_anim.gifblink.gifw00t.giflaugh.gif

i love this guy !!!!!!!! your sense of humor is incredible.......gets rid of meat heads!!!!rofl2.gif

it must help to have a sense of humor being a cop. you really kept your cool in the other unmentioned thread that no longer exists...nudge nudge wink winkwhistling.gif

i admire that

Here in Canada we can video tape and record anyone as long as someone knows it is happening, I beleive? Even if its only the camera person themself.

And no, that cop pulling out the gun is not power tripping, you have to realize cops deal with all sorts of different people, in different states of mind, what if that guy on the bike was cranked on drugs, armed, just finished a robbery and doesn't give two sunfish about anything? The cop took corect action in my opinion.

Edited by Dozer

just a few thoughts - the officer was off duty and made a traffic stop in his car - he may have called dispatch for the second car - what he did was normal, had he been nasty the driver would have been yanked off the bike, he just told the guy to get off the bike. you see worse on COPS

Here in Canada we can video tape and record anyone as long as someone knows it is happening, I beleive? Even if its only the camera person themself.

It's called 'one party consent', and if you are doing the recording you are considered the party. I don't know how the hell you can record someone without your own permission for you to do so, but I guess coming up with such terminology keeps lawyers in business. :P

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yMPyOSvfCM?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yMPyOSvfCM?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yMPyOSvfCM?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>