The Habs roflmao!!

jjcanoe

so it seems that "les habs" are no better than the Leafs in their pre-season opener, I had the NHL channel on in the car (xm radio)when I headed to work tonight, so the CJAD am800 (a montreal station) commentators just happened to mention that Pricey (oops Price) gave up 4 goals on his first 9 shots, montreal out shot boston 38-16 so that gives Price a save % of what .750?

My favorite quote from the montreal broadcasters was "plenty of cheers tonight for Price, cheers dripping with sarcasm"

all I have to say about that is summed up on one website........

Habs Talk

jjcanoe

:jerry: 2 habs topics on the forum and no replies?? seems the habs fans are only interested in talking about the Leafs, maybe they should all admit it and just come out of the closet :tease:

jjcanoe

(I figured I would bump these topics to the top for the habs fans to see)

so it seems that "les habs" are no better than the Leafs in their pre-season opener, I had the NHL channel on in the car (xm radio)when I headed to work tonight, so the CJAD am800 (a montreal station) commentators just happened to mention that Pricey (oops Price) gave up 4 goals on his first 9 shots, montreal out shot boston 38-16 so that gives Price a save % of what .750?

My favorite quote from the montreal broadcasters was "plenty of cheers tonight for Price, cheers dripping with sarcasm"

all I have to say about that is summed up on one website........

Habs Talk

jjcanoe

No doubt a rough night for Mr.Price and what can I say about the fans they are a piece of work and I even have a hard time calling them fans!

On the whole I thought Montreal played a real strong game and for the most part dominated everywhere except where it mattered.

Strong game from Tuukka Rask...where have I heard that name before...wasn`t he a former Leaf first round draft pick?Traded for Andrew Raycroft...how`d that work out? :clapping:

Edited by lookinforwalleye

I vote we set up a Leafs vs habs section on the site. This is way too funny.

I've been a jets/coyotes fan for a long time. Our team was a bunch of suckers (:Gonefishing:) for a long time so I deserve a casting deck (:Gonefishing:) to watch these two bottom feeders (:Gonefishing:) go at it. Hockey is just as unpredictable as fishing sometimes.

Edited by Rod Caster

Leafs traded the future for the now, cough Halak cough :whistling:

jjcanoe

Traded their future?? they are the second youngest team in the league. Kessel will score 40 goals (assuming he stays healthy) He's 22!

Bozak is a beauty player. They have some good, young prospects!

Give Burke a chance.

I hate Price with a passion since the day we picked him up and I don't think we will make playoffs for next two years because of him. BUT...you can't bash the HABS on one pre season loss just cause of your hatred for them. You are obviously just projecting your frustration at the LEAFS getting destroyed for as long as you've been alive and the HABS making a deep run and making history last year. LEAFS will never have enough heart to come back and slay Ovi and Sid like we did.

Edited by Canucker

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Montreal has the most venomous fans on the planet...

Booing your goalie on opening night, exhibition season...

Anybody have a definition of "self fulfilling prophecy"?

Montreal has the most venomous fans on the planet...

Booing your goalie on opening night, exhibition season...

Anybody have a definition of "self fulfilling prophecy"?

I agree but the planet I don`t know maybe North America, Soccer FANS can get ugly but the term fan is open to debate.

IMHO FANS do not boo their team, FANS do not riot in the street,FANS do not boo the opposing teams national anthem!!!

I have been a Habs fan for 50 years and I have never booed the team once, I am sure I got mad a few times and turned the TV off but never would I boo!

price22_896681cl-3.jpg

"Relax, chill out," the Montreal Canadiens goalie said Thursday. "We've got lots of time. We're not winning the Stanley Cup in the first exhibition game." The comments came a day after Price was booed as he allowed four goals on nine shots in a 4-2 pre-season loss to the Boston Bruins."It wasn't a good performance, obviously," he said at practice. "It's not how I planned things.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/story/2010/09/23/sp-price-fans.html#ixzz10OuO5DHg

Poor Pricey...he feels the pressure....WILT. Those Montreal fans can be so mean!

http://www.talk-sports.net/nhl/sucks.aspx/Carey_Price

Edited by scuro2

Traded their future?? they are the second youngest team in the league. Kessel will score 40 goals (assuming he stays healthy) He's 22!

Bozak is a beauty player. They have some good, young prospects!

Give Burke a chance.

Dude you gotta read all the posts, The habs fans that was bashing the Leafs refered to the Raycroft/ Raask trade I would make the Kessel deal again also

I hate Price with a passion since the day we picked him up and I don't think we will make playoffs for next two years because of him. BUT...you can't bash the HABS on one pre season loss just cause of your hatred for them. You are obviously just projecting your frustration at the LEAFS getting destroyed for as long as you've been alive and the HABS making a deep run and making history last year. LEAFS will never have enough heart to come back and slay Ovi and Sid like we did.

Canucker, The topic of this post is in reply to a habs fan who did exactly what you are saying (bash the Leafs on one pre season loss due to his hatred of them The title of my post is exactly the same other than the word habs is switched for Leafs!

Like I said it was meant to be a joke and a shot at Burke who I will admit I don`t like all that much a little too arrogant for my liking.

I actually do not dislike the Leafs I watch quite a bit of Leaf hockey but I will admit I don`t watch as much as I used to because of the product.

I was/am a big fan some former Leafs including Doug Gilmore, Wendel Clark,Borje Salming,Tiger Williams and a few others as well.

I would only use the word hate if was associated with The Boston Bruins,Philadelphia Flyers and of course the defunct Quebec Nordiques and there coach Michel Bergeron.

I would only use the word hate if was associated with The Boston Bruins,Philadelphia Flyers and of course the defunct Quebec Nordiques and there coach Michel Bergeron.

I would only use the word in association with Ron Wilson, and I am/was a Leaf fan.

REPORTER: 'Ron; we got a lot of rain today'

RON WILSON: 'WELLLLL, NO, NOT REALLY. YOU NEVER PLAYED PROFESSIONAL HOCKEY, WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT RAIN? THAT'S THE PROBLEM WITH YOU REPORTERS, IT RAINS FOR 2 MINUTES AND YOU START ATTACKING OUR PLAYERS.'

I can't stomach radio or tv interviews with Wilson anymore. A reporter will state an obvious fact and Wilson routinely denies it, contradicts himself and spins it all in the same sentence. At least Burke will acknowledge the truth while trying to support his team. This team can advance with Burke at the helm but not to its pontential with Wilson on the bench. Not because of his abilty and hockey sense but his caustic personality and unearned ego.

I agree. Ron Wilson was a soft player as well. He chastises Kaberle for being soft. Ugh.

He is an agitating creepy little man.

About all this habs leafs stuff. Pull youreselves together. Lol. I do not hold much hope for either team. But then again that's why they play the games.

• 3 weeks later...

Carey Price makes 48 saves and gets booed off the ice in a 4-3 overtime loss. Why not boo the swiss cheese Hab defense? Don Cherry had said previously that Price is a good goalie but will never make it in Montreal because he will be compared to Halik. Trade him now so you get some value for him. Chill out Price will have no value further into the season when he is an emotional wreck. You know how this story is going to end.

What is awesome is that big yaks of Habs fans will finally be shut as they finish below the lowly Leafs this year for the first time in eons. The Canadiens...the new Leafs. Get ready to wear it Habs fans. Bwahahahaa!!! :jerry: We will enjoy payback!!