Oil Injected 2 strokes

asdve23rveavwa

Okay, guys/gals...I've been considering moving up to a bigger boat with a side console/electric start, etc. Found one I'm interested in, but, it has the motor in my title. I'd love to have a 4 stroke, but, want some opinions on the oil injected 2 strokes.

Should I stay away from it, and, wait for a 4 stroke deal to come along, or, check it out...less weight, etc. The motor is still only eight years old, not a spring chicken but not a dinosaur either.

Thanks in advance, thinking of looking at this package on the weekend.

Okay, guys/gals...I've been considering moving up to a bigger boat with a side console/electric start, etc. Found one I'm interested in, but, it has the motor in my title. I'd love to have a 4 stroke, but, want some opinions on the oil injected 2 strokes.

Should I stay away from it, and, wait for a 4 stroke deal to come along, or, check it out...less weight, etc. The motor is still only eight years old, not a spring chicken but not a dinosaur either.

Thanks in advance, thinking of looking at this package on the weekend.

I say if the price is right go for it. Yamaha make great motors and a oil injected 2 stroke is not bad at least you don't have to mix. Also 8 years old for an outboard is nothing. After saying that if there is no rush I say wait til you find a 4 stroke if that is really what you want. I am on my second 4 stroke and I love them,quiet,no smoke ,no mixing oil,the only downside is the added weight.

If your not in a hurry, make a list of exactly what you want and wait for the perfect deal

If I did that I would never get a less than 5 year old 18' Starcraft 160 hp I/O bowrider with 4 stroke 9.9 kicker for $100

Sheese, don't you know anything???!!!!

After coming back from the Dominican Republic, they are running late 90's yamaha 2 strokes, these boats were used everyday, all day while we were down there for 2 weeks and i'm certain they see more use, then what we'd do with them up here...

i wouldn't hesitate if i were you...

Thanks, for the replies guys...the voice of reason has won out on this one. Also had some very good advice from Spincast (THANKS RICK!!!!!!!). After doing a bit of research into this boat, it isn't quite what I'm looking for. Not wide enough, I would basically just be gaining a couple of feet in length.

Thanks for the input.

By the way if anyone is looking, the boat is at Macdonald Marine in Turkey Point...a 2002 Lowe Sea Nymph 16 fter for $6900. Comes with the motor stated in my post's title + bow mount trolling motor, GPS fishfinder, dual batteries and trailer. I wasn't too impressed that they wouldn't grant a sea-test/trial.