Taxidermist

Skud

Thanks for the replies. I ended up going to Chris Bowyer in Brentwood out past Angus. He has been around for 35 years but not well known. He was once the Canadian champion for taxidermy. He does a lot of polar bears and muskox for an artic outfitter. Hopefully all goes well.

Thanks for the replies. I ended up going to Chris Bowyer in Brentwood out past Angus. He has been around for 35 years but not well known. He was once the Canadian champion for taxidermy. He does a lot of polar bears and muskox for an artic outfitter. Hopefully all goes well.

Having been involved with the Canadian Taxidermist Association in the past, I can assure you that you made a fine choice. I was going to recommend Chris as one of the ones to check out.

• 2 years later...

An old thread... but the first thing that came up when my youngest daughter, Kristal, googled looking for a local taxidermist the other day!

We dropped our 44.5" x 17" girth Northern off this morning at Brain's Taxidermy. I say "our" because we both caught the same fish 20 minutes apart on a back lake in June.

Was a good thing we took it in this week, as he was going to shut his dehydrator/dryer machine down this weekend as he says it costs him $500/m to keep it running and it's time to get into deer/moose hides. So now his machine will be on for another 2 weeks with our big Northern in it. Using same... gets us our skin mount back by mid November vs the many months it would take to dry out without this "oven". There is some AMAZING work in Jeff Brain's shop I'll tell you that. Not cheap, but I'm quite positive we'll be really happy with our $1000 (tax in) skin mount. For those that are always wondering... $20/inch + tax + any special mounting instructions. Smaller fish are not necessarily priced this way...he had a 5 inch rock bass on the counter that was done for a little girl.. $250.

The old girl had a heart attack and died of a stroke after you caught her the second time.

:)

Tried to revive for almost 2 hours and we have NUMEROUS pictures showing me laying out the back of the sportspal doing so... but to no avail. I really didn't want to stuff it in a float access hole, but was given no choice!

Edited by irishfield