Fresh water/salt water fish

misfish

I think salt water fish tastes better....but I never have it at home. At home I eat what I catch. It provides me with an excuse to get out and enjoy the outdoors and the chance to get a feed of fish. If I lived near the ocean I know I would eat alot less fresh water fish, cause I would have the chance to fish salt water species.

Dave

Ever have grayling?

I had a bunch of them on my arctic canoe trip. Tasted great. In all fairness They were about as fresh as you could get and they were our only fresh meat for 5 weeks. My fear is that if I ever have grayling again it won't taste as good as I remember. :wallbash:

As to the original post, I like them both. In general I like the light flavoured fish like walleye, perch, sea bass, halibut etc. more than the "meatier" fish.

Doesn't mean I don't like smoked salmon, a small laker fried in the pan next to my campsite, or a deep blue piece of tuna that has just grazed the grill.

I think salt water fish tastes better....but I never have it at home. At home I eat what I catch. It provides me with an excuse to get out and enjoy the outdoors and the chance to get a feed of fish. If I lived near the ocean I know I would eat alot less fresh water fish, cause I would have the chance to fish salt water species.

The pure satisfaction is in cooking the catch. I'm not down in the maritimes so I just have to be satisfied with what's available here til I'm down East again. Once I'm there I'll eat fish every day. ( the wife hates me :devil: )

If I go south I eat loads of cat and crawdads. It's whatever the catch of choice is.

Edited by bigugli