Facts of Fishing - FYI

Roy

I don't know how many of you have seen it so far but this week's Facts of Fishing contains one of the saddest news items I've heard in a long time. If you'll all excuse me, I need to go buy a sympathy card. :(

I don't know how many of you have seen it so far but this week's Facts of Fishing contains one of the saddest news items I've heard in a long time. If you'll all excuse me, I need to go buy a sympathy card. :(

:spam:

Edited by John

Two Tone is dead: anglers mourn the death of Britain's record carp

By Angling Times

General News

16 August 2010 10:05

Britain’s biggest carp has been found dead. The huge mirror, which was known as Two Tone and lived in Kent’s Conningbrook Lake, had held the record since 2001 when it was caught by Terry Glebioska at 59lb 7oz. It raised the bar a further six times over the next seven years, peaking at 67lb 14oz when caught by Austin ‘Oz’ Holness in August 2008.

Chris Logsdon, boss of Mid-Kent Fisheries which owns Conningbrook, revealed how he made the sad discovery.

“A couple of anglers called to say they’d seen a big carp floating dead on the surface which they thought might be Two Tone, so my son and I went straight over to investigate. Sure enough it was the old boy – I was gutted,” Chris told AT.

“He’d had a hard winter followed by a tough spring, but there wasn’t a blemish on him – no scars, ulcers or any other sign of damage. He was just old – he must have been 40 or 45. It’s very sad, the end of an era, because Two Tone was part of carp fishing history. He was stocked into the lake at 12lb in 1982 and no English fish came close to toppling his record from 2001 onwards,” he added.

Two-Tone.jpg