NFL Preseason

Steve_R

LONG time Bills fan but now a days I have to be realistic and I don't see this team competing for the next 3-5 years or maybe EVER with the greedy owner we have.

And for you "fish" Dolphin fans including Marino, I have only this to say....JIM KELLY limited out when fishing for "Dolphins".....those were the good old days... :whistling:

At one time the rivalry between Buffalo and Miami was one of the biggest in the NFL......now NOTHING.

They say "EVERYTHING" is for sale, so here goes......one die hard football fan still looking for a home. :wallbash:

And Sadly for you, you can start mulling over that number 1 pick right now. I think the over/under on Cleveland wins this year is 1.5

LOL!!!! No kidding, I must be a sucker for punishment, being a Leafs fan my whole life (last time they won the Stanley Cup I was in diapers, next time they win it I'll probably be in diapers again!!!!!) and a Browns fan!!

LONG time Bills fan but now a days I have to be realistic and I don't see this team competing for the next 3-5 years or maybe EVER with the greedy owner we have.

And for you "fish" Dolphin fans including Marino, I have only this to say....JIM KELLY limited out when fishing for "Dolphins".....those were the good old days... :whistling:

At one time the rivalry between Buffalo and Miami was one of the biggest in the NFL......now NOTHING.

They say "EVERYTHING" is for sale, so here goes......one die hard football fan still looking for a home. :wallbash:

I feel your pain . . . I have a lot of friends that are Bills fans, some are long-time season ticket holders and they still just keep going, full well knowing that it's going to be disappointment after disappointment. Like me when it comes to basketball . . . I'm a Knicks fan :(

If you're looking for some "up and comers" I think these are a few:

The Bengals - will win the division this year and could win a playoff game or two. That young defense is starting to look SCARY. Their O is still capable.

The Chiefs - This year will be when they start emerging, and depending on when they emerge, they could even compete for the division. I think they'll win the division in 2011 and start to cash in on all those early draft picks they've been taking. I don't have a second favourite team, but if I was going to adopt one, it would be right here. You've got to love their tradition too. Remember when Arrowhead was inpenitreble?

The NFC doesn't offer much - the East is generally a crap-shoot and I find the teams kind of disgusting. Packers/Vikings will win the North division, the other will win a wildcard. The south will clearly be New Orleans & Atlanta and the West is just terrible. I hate how the 49ers have been "dark horses" for the past 8 seasons now.

I don't do Superbowl predictions this early, but if I had to, I'd say Green Bay represents the NFC and (for lack of a better option) the Colts get one more crack at it before their "dynasty" fades.

The Chiefs - This year will be when they start emerging, and depending on when they emerge, they could even compete for the division. I think they'll win the division in 2011 and start to cash in on all those early draft picks they've been taking. I don't have a second favourite team, but if I was going to adopt one, it would be right here. You've got to love their tradition too. Remember when Arrowhead was inpenitreble?

Ryan, are you serious with the Cheifs?? Come on now....

They are miles away from decent at this point. Matt Cassel is not a good enough QB to lead any team that is not the Patriots to the playoffs. I give KC last in the AFC West this year with 4 wins. Unfortunetly one of those wins will come against the Broncos as usual.

Remember when Arrowhead was inpenitreble?

I can remember some tough games the Bills had in Arrowhead and coming home with their heads between their legs....but I also remember RICH STADIUM as being unmerciful to any team that dared to come into it's confines. Between the VERY FAST No Huddle K-Gun and extremely loud fans, most teams didn't know what hit them until they were back on the plane heading home shaking their heads in disbelief.

Although I'm not a season ticket holder I was at several of those games and I remember my two young sons holding their fingers in their ears because of the noise level when the opposing team was on offense, especially in the Red Zone. I can also remember opposing defenses having to take "basketball" time out because of how fast Kelly ran the No Huddle offense. Later defenses faked injuries to save on time outs. But it didn't help, Kelly still got the ball in the end zone......now we can't even get near the Red Zone...sometimes not even past the 50 yard line during a game....

As Bruce Smith once said in a TV commercial "Bad, bad things can happen"...now we know what he meant.. :wallbash:

Tis a shame the fine line that is drawn between being a dynasty vs. a footnote aint it Mr. Bob..... Well a footnote to some anyway. Not I though, superbowl rings or not....that team brought about an amazing AMAZING era to this town.

I was at the game when the crowd rushed the field and the goal posts came down. It was surreal (disclaimer, i do not condone it) but i was forced to go on the field being in the first couple rows of the endzone. My other option was to get crushed by 80,000 plus lol.

It'll never happen again, we may win again someday. But never will i have the feeling back of those years with that team. They were a family to this city. DO you remember a nightclub called "Network" downtown Billybob? We used to hang out there every weekend and see them all come thru walking to the V.I.P. room talking to fans along the way. Just a really unorthodox group of guys in comparison to todays athletes that felt so tight knit and in tune with the city and it gives me chills to sit here (as i just did) and look back on it all via Youtube. I couldnt even imagine winning with any other team, and having it feel the same. Go watch some youtube from those years Billy bob and get all them chills back!!!!

I hang my head for NO-ONE during those superbowl losses, and feel blessed to have lived through that era of Buffalo history