Big Smallies - Monday Action *PICS*

I had the day off but decided to relax, watch a whole season of trailer park boys and not fish. By 2:00pm when I finished Season 5, I decided it was too nice of a day. Tidied up around the house so as not to be murdered in my sleep, then picked up my dad and we were off to the lake in search of some big smallies! We made a long run to my spot from last week and got into a bunch of fish in the 2-3 pound range. Fun, but not what we were after. Swamped the front of the boat twice heading across the lake to another good zone, the wind picked up pretty good. Glad we did! Pulled up to my waypoint in 30 feet of water and first cast with a dropshot, my bait was in the water maybe 3 seconds and it bolted sideways with a 4 pounder on the other end of it. Tangled with about 15 more in the 3.5-5 pound range even after the wind died down and the sun started to go down the fish were biting good. Great day on the water with my old man, we made some memories today with 3 double headers to top it off! Thanks for reading!

37665_453626783091_502843091_6180738_3823370_n.jpg

37665_453626788091_502843091_6180739_4273047_n.jpg

37665_453626778091_502843091_6180737_8211512_n.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlHHAZIlhkE

Guest Johnny Bass

Amazing report! I've noticed that my best summer smallie action comes the last week of July, first week of August. Especially if there is a heat wave.

Just curious. What kind of boat do you have and what horsepower Steve?

Amazing report! I've noticed that my best summer smallie action comes the last week of July, first week of August. Especially if there is a heat wave.

Just curious. What kind of boat do you have and what horsepower Steve?

Legend XCalibur 179 with a 75HP Mercury 4 Stroke. She's no speed demon but handles Simcoe's rollers better than any bass boat I've had out there.

Guest Johnny Bass

Legend XCalibur 179 with a 75HP Mercury 4 Stroke. She's no speed demon but handles Simcoe's rollers better than any bass boat I've had out there.

Thanks. I was looking at those boats. I thinks it's $20,000 out the door brand new.

Amazing looking fish. I work in the barrie are and let me just throw it out there that if you are ever looking for a fishing partner for a day of smallie fishing drop me a line. I've never caught a simcoe smallie just a bunch of largemouth.

• 2 weeks later...

Steve man i'm gonna talk to Legend and lend you a new one every 2 years. it's amazing how many hours you put on the water with your Legend :worthy: