Public Thank You

Peps

I want to publicly thank Rattletrap2 (Brian) for his help today in fixing my trolling motor issues. After a couple of PM's and a few phone conversations I found out that Brian works oh about 500 yards away from me, so he asked if I could bring my boat over to his work place and he would have a look at it, so we set it up for today. Well I just got back and the problem is fixed!!!!!

Again thank you so much!!!! Brian your a stand up gentleman :clapping: :clapping:

Peps

Well Brian has been a long time member here, right back to the forums humble beginnings and one of the first guys I ever met through this forum. Was then, is now and will likely always be one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who would disagree with me.

Hat's off to you Brian. thumbsup_anim.gif

You hit paydirt, Peps. Brian is a champion. I was chatting with him several years ago and found out quite by accident that he knew two of my sons. If Brian offers advice it's because he knows of what he speaks.

Peps,

You are most welcome and the pleasure was mine. It really is a small world when you get right down to it. This amazes me more and more every day.

This board has always been about fishing and oh so much more. We help each other out in so many ways, and this is what makes it so much fun to be a part of it! :blush:

Alex, Joey and Spiel, you folks are just too kind. Thanks for those words! I was telling Peps (Sandro) just today about my first meeting with Spiel. That seems like so many years ago! Ah well, its all good! Any of you would do the very same thing if the situation presented itself.

I want to publicly thank Rattletrap2 (Brian) for his help today in fixing my trolling motor issues. After a couple of PM's and a few phone conversations I found out that Brian works oh about 500 yards away from me, so he asked if I could bring my boat over to his work place and he would have a look at it, so we set it up for today. Well I just got back and the problem is fixed!!!!!

Again thank you so much!!!! Brian your a stand up gentleman :clapping: :clapping:

Peps

Oh I'm just wondering (if I may) what was the problem?

Oh I'm just wondering (if I may) what was the problem?

Spiel, The circuit breaker at the battery was defective. I suspect it had been on its way out for a while. Sandro said that the motor would operate for about 20 or 30 yards of straight running and then the motor would cut out. A while later, it would start to operate again. The breaker was open circuit completely when we looked at it today. The trolling motor itself is fine. He will probably pick up a new breaker in his travels, but for now, it is wired direct.

The breaker would only act if the motor completely jammed up with weeds or bottomed out. Probably 80 percent of trolling motors do not have this breaker in place to start with. Not a big deal. It would not protect the foot pedal or anything electronic since they are rated at 40 to 50 amps in this case.

Brian, your signature says it all....Thanks again!!

Ran it when I got home, in a garbage pail and I couldn't keep the boat on the driveway :lol:

it didn't cut out once!!!

Peps