What lunchtime performance have you seen? (NF)

wuchikubo

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for ideas, names, prices for entertainment for a lunchtime filler. Conference for the Association of Hearing Instrument Practitioners of Ontario. My first choice was Japanese drummers but that has just fallen thru and now I need to find something for Friday April 27th! <_< (I've been looking in the range of $1K to $2K for 1/2 hr to 1hr performance, in Richmond Hill).

Now, I've seen many things on this board and know many people have many possible contacts here so that's why I'm looking for any help from anyone here.

Please, any suggestions! :worthy:

Thanks,

Stan

Edited by HearingFish

"Lunch Time entertainment"...Leah was just bent over the couch looking for change under the cushions,,,,, :o

Sorry Stan...other than Doogles suggestion :worthy: ..can't help... :dunno:

Maybe telling us the venue/people involved for what organization would help...

Edited by irishfield

"Lunch Time entertainment"...Leah was just bent over the couch looking for change under the cushions,,,,, :o

Sorry Mike...other than Doogles suggestion :worthy: ..can't help... :dunno:

Maybe telling us the venue/people involved for what organization would help...

Hey Wayne,

I just added it to the initial message but it's the not-for-profit association of hearing instrument practitioners of Ontario (AHIP).

BTW who's Mike?

Stan

Edited by HearingFish

Stan, a little research has shown that my suggestion was about 10 years out of date. Not only was the place closed after some liquor license violation thingy, but I think the place was torn down.

Sic transit gloria.

And Charlene.

And Ember.

And Stormy.

Hi Hearingfish:

Maybe some of these might give you an idea or two... good luck!

Dick Felix Toronto Jazz Trio

Toronto wedding band, Live jazz band for weddings and private functions, Live music for corporate events.

E-mail: [email protected]

Web site: http://www.dickfelix.com

Address: 1 Ventnor Ave

City: Toronto Ontario M4C 2Z6 Phone: 4164291692

Fax: N/A

Serguei Tchepournov - Violin Players

Music for weddings, parties, receptions... Solon Violin, Duo-Violin and Piano, Violin and Harp, Trio, Qartet. All tipes of music- Classical, Jazz, Pop, Nostagia 40, 50, 60's...

Web site:

Address: 161-1066 Falgarwood Dr

City: Oakville Ontario L6H 2P3 Phone: 9053381495

Fax: 9053381495

johnson sax "saxophone player Toronto, Ontario"

Johnson Sax saxophone player In Toronto Rady For yOur Event Party Wedding saxophone player Assyrins Canadian saxophone player Toronto, Ontario

Web site: http://www.johnsonsax.com/

Address: Cel: (416) 998-1958

City: Toronto, Ontario Phone: (905) 819-1680

Brazil Nativa

The Brazil Nativa Dance Company We specialize in: Corporate, Private, Fundraising, Festival, Weddings.

Web site: http://www.brazilnativa.com

Address: N/A

City: Mississauga Phone: (905) 820-8035

excalibur entertainments - special events, weddings, corporate events

Top UK Entertainment Agency Tribute Bands, Star Impersonators, Corporate Event Agency Manchester,Excalibur Entertainment Agency for top Manchester, UK entertainment

Web site: http://www.excaliburentertainments.co.uk/

Address: 24 LORDS STREET CADISHEAD MANCHESTER Mobile-07957- 404- 019

City: CADISHEAD MANCHESTER Ontario M44 5FF Phone: 0161-211-6552

Edited by Jen

Thanks everyone for everything so far.

Jen - great options (except the last one from the UK, I don't think they'd come over here just for an hour's performance). I have the feeling the Ontario part of Manchester came up under a search. Thank you for helping me so far.

Corey - just like all other health professions, ours is getting older as well, not sure how the mime idea would work out.

Charlied- thanks for the thought, it gave me an idea. I might inquire at my old high school's performing arts program.

Thanks,

Stan

If you don't want to spend any money than just play the old song "Afternoon Delight" and let nature take it's course. Now if it's all guys you may................sorry couldn't resist!

I'm still waiting for CCMT and Nautifish to notice thread.

Seriously, people, I need real suggestions!

Stan

Gee thanks Stan....I know my band isn't professional...but jeez.....we were not a real suggestion???? LOL. Not sure if your crowd is the Green Day, Radiohead and Foo Fighters crowd anyways.... :D

Okay people, lets keep it clean! The attendance will be about 300 people and most (~60-70%)are women!

Cliff, "real suggestions" wasn't meant for you but the brass pole thingy. :rolleyes: You may be right about the genre of music though, considering most members were requesting songs from the late 70's and early 80's the last time around. Although there are lots of younger people entering the profession.

Okay people, lets keep it clean! The attendance will be about 300 people and most (~60-70%)are women!

Cliff, "real suggestions" wasn't meant for you but the brass pole thingy. :rolleyes: You may be right about the genre of music though, considering most members were requesting songs from the late 70's and early 80's the last time around. Although there are lots of younger people entering the profession.

I know what you meant Stan...just playin around with you a bit... :D