Boy did my day suck....

So, like everyday I work I got up at 330 and was on the road at about 420...

I get to Mavis on the 401 and discover that the 401 is closed between Mavis and Hurontario...no big deal really...so I got off on Mavis and headed to the 407.

I get to the intersection of Mavis and Derry and I'm starting to think that I'm going the wrong way (even though I'm not)...

So I bend down to grab my GPS from under the seat. Now at 500am I'm the only car on the road....so as I'm rummaging for the GPS I feel.....BANG!!!! My head and neck are snapped back....

The car behind me slams into me...so I'm thinking what the hell!

I get out and its a 3 car pile up...and we're the only cars on the road! Again I'm thinking what the hell!

So I get out and the at fault driver is acting a little suspicious but I'm not in cop mode I'm in the "oh my god I was rearended" mode.

So I contact Peel and they tell me to exchange info (duh!) and come into the collision reporting centre...so I start taking the other drivers info. The in my best work voice I ask for his info...he staggers over and drops his documents then proceeds to tell me that he gave me them...at this point the bells and whistles are going off.... So when I bring it to his attention that he dropped his drivers licence he struggles to bend down to pick it up...then he falls over...the dude was drunk!

So anyway I call in the cavellry....and the rest is history...but damn is my neck and back sore!

sue the bugger,why not!Funny thing is some guy in crystal beach aproached us for a ciggy at 5 am.Drove in Drunk and flying high at timmies,my bud gave him a few smokes and off he went.At the same time there was an officer across the street in the patrol car.HMMMM!!!!!This guy drove on the wrong side and the cop never blinked.Actually his eyes were glued to his lap.

Hope you feel better, cheif.

Did the police arrest him? This is insane. Its idiots like this that have no respect for others. I hope they throw the book at him. Take it to his insurance company as hard as you can.sounds like a couple weeks off work may be in order to recover. This stuff makes me sick. Im glad your ok..Take it easy on the neck and back.It can get worse if you dont

Well the guy that did that to me was already suspended.. about 5 times... driving his GF's vehicle with "borrowed" plates on it. Needless to say.. there wasn't anyone to sue. Lick your wounds and thank your lucky stars.. and carry on with life. (It's the Canadian way !)

:whistling:

But then again......... rummaging under the seat for a GPS while mobile ??????????

Would'nt avoid the situation in this case tho'.

Glad your OK, sue 'em for all you can get, and get some more fishing time in. :good:

I hope you're feeling better today Dave

But if I could offer you any advice it would be get checked out by your Dr.

Then there'll be a record of the injury should there be any future issues with your neck and back.

So i went to the doctor yesterday...diagnosis....muscle spasm in my back and neck....the one in my neck is a pain it's causing numbness in my hands...

Is that wip-lash, I had a CAA tow truck rear end me at like 5mph at a stop light and I felt the same affects as you.He hit my trailer hitch so there was no damage so I didn't report it but I was sore for a few days after that.It seems a sudden jolt like that snaps your head forward causing the so called wip-lash,I didn't really feel to bad untill a few hours later and it got progressivly worse as time went on. I was much better after a couple of days but ya I feel your pain, take it easy hopfully it will pass soon.

I hope your feeling better soon!

May I suggest that a repeated arm arching motion, while holding a 7 ft graphite rod, might help to loosen up your neck a bit... think of it as physical and mental therapy.

I'd hope that the offending person's insurance would help to pay for such therapy.

HH

Edited by Headhunter

Well the guy that did that to me was already suspended.. about 5 times... driving his GF's vehicle with "borrowed" plates on it. Needless to say.. there wasn't anyone to sue. Lick your wounds and thank your lucky stars.. and carry on with life. (It's the Canadian way !)

Irish with all due respect, I have see it so many times now. These sort of injuries almost always come back with a vengeance later in life. The reason i suggested he get to work on a lawsuit is he may need it later in life. Seen it happen so many time now. Back and neck pain are nothing to mess around with. In this case the good ol Canadian way is only going to screw himself.