New Gear!!

Just thought I would post a pic of some new gear I bought this afternoon lol. Picked up a Avid Spinning rod, 3000 Symetre and a bunch of bass tackle...worm binder, extra pages, frogs, hooks, dinger, etc lol. Bunch of stuff :)

Made me happy to get some more gear to add to the collection....3 rods down many more to go lmao

Handle is on the correct side thanks very much...kinda got a deal on the avid but not posting anything ;) Send me a pm.

But I got the avid, it's sick. It's a 6'9ML...I was amazed that like the last ft of the rod was "tippy" and sensitive but there was lot's of back bone. Going to be a nice popper rod in the end but it will be fished with those, tubes, and jig's for smallies or open water largies.

There is some good stuff there. Lots of quality. Let us know how you like those trokar hooks. Wonder if they are worth all that $. Those are good looking froggies as well. You must be chompin at the bit to go out and use those things. Too bad you have to wait another month. lol

Edited by Cudz

There is some good stuff there. Lots of quality. Let us know how you like those trokar hooks. Wonder if they are worth all that $. Those are good looking froggies as well.

Did the test on the finger myself against Gamagatsu and these are sharper and easer to grab skin with. Was using #1 with minnows yesterday targeting walleye but catching perch and every little perch was hooked in the gill plate or in bone. Where ever the hook is it will grab no questions asked. Expensive yes but when texas rigged these hooks will shine as less downward force on the plastic will still get you a solid hook up. Then again I haven't used them for bass yet...I've bought 2/0, and 2 packs of 4/0 wide gap hooks then a pack of #1 and 1/0 drop shot hooks for wacky rigs and what ever else I find them good for.

Grab a pack of 4/0...they might be 11 bucks but hey what do u got to loose?

Did the test on the finger myself against Gamagatsu and these are sharper and easer to grab skin with. Was using #1 with minnows yesterday targeting walleye but catching perch and every little perch was hooked in the gill plate or in bone. Where ever the hook is it will grab no questions asked. Expensive yes but when texas rigged these hooks will shine as less downward force on the plastic will still get you a solid hook up. Then again I haven't used them for bass yet...I've bought 2/0, and 2 packs of 4/0 wide gap hooks then a pack of #1 and 1/0 drop shot hooks for wacky rigs and what ever else I find them good for.

Grab a pack of 4/0...they might be 11 bucks but hey what do u got to loose?

Hard for me to part with that kind of coin. I got some really good worm hooks the other day for on sale for $2.99 for 5. I only use 5/0 with senkos unless I am using 4" then I wacky rig them.

I too am wondering about the Trokar hooks. I use all Gamakatsu hooks right now and have never had an issue with them. I have never had any issues with the hook not penetrating the fish upon hook set. Maybe one day I will pick up a pack and try them out.

I too am wondering about the Trokar hooks. I use all Gamakatsu hooks right now and have never had an issue with them. I have never had any issues with the hook not penetrating the fish upon hook set. Maybe one day I will pick up a pack and try them out.

Try the Owners drop offshot hooks much cheaper and the same hook, they were the first to come out with the surgical tip.

I never had problems with Gamu also...honestly I have them all as backup's in a baggie. I just wanted to try these hooks because they sound new and are super sharp. Anyway if it puts an extra big fish or few into the boat for me than it's worth it in the end. Anything to increase the odds is great.

Hey Mike... good haul of stuff there !!

About the Trokar hooks, I dont know if you read the post over on "tackletour" but they didnt get a good review AT ALL !!!

I guess they are having issues with the hooks bending and breaking !

One guy said he has broken everyone of his hooks that he had. 2/0,3/0,4/0.....I guess Trokar is aware of the issue and are trying to resolve it !

They are a nice hook... but I think I will save my $$$$ and stick to the Gamis for now !!! At least till the trokar issues are worked out !

Are you a righty or lefty? I am right handed, and I reel with my right hand, but most righties I know reel with their left hand.

Everyone on here tells me I have my handle on the wrong side too! Don't let them bother you, just fish how its comfortable.

Nice haul. The handle is on the wrong side though.

No, the handle is on the right side. The bail is on the wrong side!

This is why I hate spinning reels! Sure you can swap the handle (nowadays) but the bail is always in the wrong spot for left hand casters.

I was buying a Castaic baitcaster with the "Instagage" button at Angling Outfitters last week and Jos was trying to sell me a 201 (lefty). I kept telling him "no, I'm normal, I need a 200". He says "it will feel more natural reeling and you won't have to switch hands". Nay nay I said, I cast with my left!

BTW, I'm right handed.

Edited by SlowPoke

Hey Mike... good haul of stuff there !!

About the Trokar hooks, I dont know if you read the post over on "tackletour" but they didnt get a good review AT ALL !!!

I guess they are having issues with the hooks bending and breaking !

One guy said he has broken everyone of his hooks that he had. 2/0,3/0,4/0.....I guess Trokar is aware of the issue and are trying to resolve it !

They are a nice hook... but I think I will save my $$$$ and stick to the Gamis for now !!! At least till the trokar issues are worked out !

I have had not one problem with their circle type hooks. As for the EWG hooks Tackle Tour rated their bigger swimbait size hooks ahead of all brands due to its super sharp point and thinner hook/

I find them strong, well see what the bass think

Ive always been told you want the rod in your dominate hand. I guess because you want to be able to control the rod to get a better action with your bait ?????? Im a lefty and I reel with my right hand.

I put the handle of my spinning reel on the left side and my baitcasters on the right. Whatever you feel comfortable with.

I put the handle of my spinning reel on the left side and my baitcasters on the right. Whatever you feel comfortable with.

agreed

as for the trokar's I picked up a few worm hooks as well as the flippin hooks.. we shall see how they work out