tired of rogers cable

aniceguy

Bell Expressvu. They all suck though, considering most people only watch 10-20 channels, who needs the other garbage ? You should be able to purchase only the channels you want in a package deal.

My list :D

CNN

Sports channels

Discovery

Fishing channel

MTV

A couple movie channels

ABC

NBC

And 6 or 7 more I can't think of.

Sorry just a little rant, but I'm sure everyone thinks this, who needs 2000 channels when we only watch 20 of them.

Edited by GbayGiant

only problem is there are 2 other tv's in the house and it might force us to stay with Rogers or get decent sat and basic cable for the others

I miss those old school boxes we had before digital cable basic cable price with all the trimmings

The most important channel in my house is treehouse. It's on pretty much all day long, not only do the kids like it, the birds like it too. With the technology we have today, we should be able to subscribe on a channel by channel basis, but this would most likely cut into the revenue of cable companies. If there were a satelite provider out there that charged a reasonable monthly fee, like 10 bucks a month or something to that effect, and then $1 per channel per month, that would be providing great customer value. I would by all means buy 20 or so channels, the ones I want to watch. Instead I have to pay for a heck of a lot of channels that I will never watch, and have to deal with the fact that the only cogeco theme pack that is not available where I live is the one with WFN and Fight TV... go figure.

cd.

We just switched recently to Bell ExpressVu,

Man am I ever happy. My HD channel's seam crisper (if thats possible) as do the non HD channels.

There are far more HD channels offered, my new favorite Channel is the Oasis, which is kinda of like the Discovery Channel on steroids and 100% HD

Switch to BEV, you won't be disappointed!

If there were a satelite provider out there that charged a reasonable monthly fee, like 10 bucks a month or something to that effect, and then $1 per channel per month, that would be providing great customer value. I would by all means buy 20 or so channels, the ones I want to watch. Instead I have to pay for a heck of a lot of channels that I will never watch, and have to deal with the fact that the only cogeco theme pack that is not available where I live is the one with WFN and Fight TV... go figure.

cd.

I don't think the CRTC would allow that. They are not prepared to let you and I decide what we want to watch. They need to ensure that we are watching our prescribed amount of Canadian content.

If you want opinions then mine is to stay away from express vu. I had Star Choice for nine years and never had a problem, I only ever called twice, once to activate and once to deactivate. Since switching to Express vu, I am constantly on the phone with problems, channels seem to disappear and reappear as they please. The bill is extremely hard to understand and the installer destroyed my house. I personally can not wait for my contract to expire so that I may return to Star Choice.

Edited by hawg_hauler

I seldom watch TV, but enjoy some of the programs on the Speed channel.

Couple weeks back, Rogers moved a few channels around to make room for some new ones, but that wasn't a big deal, I just had to go to 81 instead of 48. Yesterday I wanted to see a show but when I clicked on 81, I got a message that I now had to pay extra for the Speed channel.

I called Rogers and they told me that Speed is now included in a new bundle of 21 channels and I'd have to pay extra, even though I've had it for years, but he said that seeing as I'm "such a respected customer" because I've had Rogers cable for about 30 years, he might be able to offer me a discounted rate.

I told him that I already have about 300 channels that I don't watch now, and I certainly don't want another 20 that I won't watch either, and the only discounted rate I want, is the one I already had, but it was sorta like talking to a dead pickeral.

I'll call a supervisor today......so sad :(

I've got Star Choice at the trailer but it seems everytime we get a heavy rain, I lose my signal.

Things were so simple back in the day when all we had was rabbitt ears and 6 channels.......

I've been wanting to upgrade my old Expressvu reciever to an HD box to get the full potential from my 54" HD bigscreen. Seems the only deals are for "new" customers. If I change to Star Choice, I can get as much as a $300 programming credit on the purchase and install of their system. Expressvu offers nothing, thanks for being such a loyal customer for eight years.

Is Expressvu's HD package that much better than Star Choice?

I am a BEV customer when I switched to HD I called Bell and told them I was switching to rogers HD. They gave me a deal...free install for new LNB & PVR & moved old reciever to 2nd TV, got free 3 month rental on 9220PVR, and free HD channels for 6months. I love competition.

I just built a new custom home theatre....the 9220 PVR via HDMI connected to a Panasonic AX100u projector & DIY 100" Screen painted with Goo Screen & custome stage cabinetry, Yamaha 2700 driving Paradigm Studio Monitors with 2 -10" subs, room has 7 zones of X10 macro controlled lighting.... I can't leave the basement now :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by Ted & the Gadget

thanks for all the great opinions Starchoice seems like a goo dalternative, certainly price wise. BEV sounds like the way to go and after checking both sites I think its BEV for now.....until some oldschool cable boxes get revamped