Boat shoes - what do you wear with your rain suit ???

glen

Boat shoes - what do you wear with your rain suit ???

My feet get wet when i have running shoes on. I like running shoes cause they give me better balance in the boat.

I see mark's has water proof runners on for $60. Maybe i will try them.

Merrell Gore-tex XCR hiking shoes (Chameleon II, I think). I bought mine at BPS on sale for $85 but I haven't seen them at that low price since I bought them last fall. They usually retail for around $150 at Coast Mountain.

The absolute best pair of shoes I've ever worn in terms of comfort and features. Totally waterproof and highly breathable.

Underneath I've got a pair of seal skinz waterproof socks in the event that water does penetrate my shoes. I always have dry feet at the end of the day.

Edited by MJL

My rainsuit is yellow .. and I found a big 'ol pair of TALL yellow rubber rain boots at Zellers for about $40 with great replaceable liners so you stay warm AND dry ... no more rain running off your suit into your shoes .. just remember to pull your pants OVER your boots :):)

BY the way they are also GREAT for ice fishing in slushy conditions

Edited by camillj

last yr I bought a pair of Merrell PulseWaterproof Hikers from cabela's great pair of boots for spring and fall/early winter fishing while I only have used them 5 or so times so far I found them really comfortable although a bit warm in the summer time

Waterproof hiking shoes or boots are great if you already have a pair for camping or hiking, but I don't see the point of spending the bucks for cold-weather or rainy fishing.

I just have a cheap pair of rubber boots, probably cost me less than $30. Perfectly waterproof and comfortable.

Mike

you could always try neoprene socks to wear in your running shoes...I bought a pair and it cost me about $14 at mountain equipment co-op. I bought them mainly for extra neoprene for my waders in the winter for warmth but they keep the water out and its failry cheap, and better if you like your runners in your boat.

http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_detail....29441.....these are it. I bought a size 9 or 10 and they are a little snug and rub on your toes...they get tender after awhile so get a size bigger than your feet or 2 sizes bigger. they will be snug in your shoes also cause of the thickness of the socks!

I bought these shoes. They are waterproof. they were on sale at marks for $50. I am going to get a pair of waterproof socks too.

I cant wear rubber boots cause i need all the balance i can get.

Thanks for the idea's.