Long Weekend

danbouck

I'm heading to Toronto...??? WHAT???? I'm heading the wrong way!!! LOL.. Seeing Alice Cooper tomorrow nite with Avery then spending the rest of the weekend by the pool...

I'm heading to Toronto...??? WHAT???? I'm heading the wrong way!!! LOL.. Seeing Alice Cooper tomorrow nite with Avery then spending the rest of the weekend by the pool...

At least you won't have to worry about traffic!

Me and the wife are making the big move down to Barrie from Thunder Bay! Finally get to move into our place which is excited just wish it wasn't on the long weekend! Hopefully get out for some walleye with my Dad before we hit the road though

I'm heading down to the cottage in Long Point after I sneak away from work on Friday (hopefully around 10am :D) . Hopefully I can catch some pike but will probably only be able to get out for a few hours every morning. My oldest will probably school me again fishing for bluegill :lol:

I also have to build one of these on the deck

Pergola.jpg

What's everyone's plans?

Drop your boat off i'll get some hours on her this weekend

i'm hoping to get out to long point as well. try and find a launch and some water suitable for my little 12' tinny, hope to get into some pike. that is if the weather cooperates.

ryan

Hey Ryan try the provincial park the launch is great 3 wide and the launch on the right when your looking at the launch never gets used and it's fine for a 12' tinner and the park channel puts you right out were the fish have been straight out from the PP in 5-6FOW near new weed growth the Pike fishing has been a bit slow because of millions of dieing smelt but there has been some nice ones caught in the west end of the bay .also just a reminder to antone headed to LPB for the long weekend the east end of the inner bay is a sanctuary right now here's a link to the map .

http://www.longpoint.on.ca/sanct.htm

Good luck and be safe out there.

I'm heading down to the cottage in Long Point after I sneak away from work on Friday (hopefully around 10am :D) . Hopefully I can catch some pike but will probably only be able to get out for a few hours every morning. My oldest will probably school me again fishing for bluegill :lol:

I also have to build one of these on the deck

Pergola.jpg

What's everyone's plans?

Dan, give me a shout if you run into any problems with your pergola. I build this one a few years ago:

915185313_6f689e0796.jpg

Me and the wife are making the big move down to Barrie from Thunder Bay! Finally get to move into our place which is excited just wish it wasn't on the long weekend! Hopefully get out for some walleye with my Dad before we hit the road though

Welcome to Barrie SD.! Sounds like a painfull move!

I'll likely be out on Simcoe at least one day. Maybe go camping for a day or two on 3 Mile Lake. Thinkin of hittin Nip as well, maybe Sunday morning. And then there's always house work..

Edited by F-is-H

Drop your boat off i'll get some hours on her this weekend

I'd drop it off but it's sitting in the boathouse :)

Hey Ryan try the provincial park the launch is great 3 wide and the launch on the right when your looking at the launch never gets used and it's fine for a 12' tinner and the park channel puts you right out were the fish have been straight out from the PP in 5-6FOW near new weed growth the Pike fishing has been a bit slow because of millions of dieing smelt but there has been some nice ones caught in the west end of the bay .also just a reminder to antone headed to LPB for the long weekend the east end of the inner bay is a sanctuary right now here's a link to the map .

http://www.longpoint.on.ca/sanct.htm

Good luck and be safe out there.

Yep and with the wind forecast for the weekend it should be nice and calm there

Dan, give me a shout if you run into any problems with your pergola. I build this one a few years ago:

:worthy:

Yup; heading down to Long Point Bay as well; close up the shop Friday afternoon and I’m gone.

We’re on the other side of the bay, close to Turkey Point; just outside Normandale at Hidden Valley campground.

I plan on sitting on the deck, at the trailer all weekend; feet up, drink in hand. It’ll take a tow truck to winch butt out of the chair, or possibly an empty highball glass and the wife’s not there to pour me another.

Have fun people.

Dan.

i'll be on simcoe looking for whities and trouties

Edited by walleyemaster