Need a good boat rental place

Guest Johnny Bass

Guest Johnny Bass

Taking a girl fishing and she wants a place with pike and pickerel. Most of these rental places want $100 from 9am to 5pm. Went to Sparrow, caught a lot of hammerhandles and some cigar pickerel but want to try somewhere else. Any Ideas?

Taking a girl fishing and she wants a place with pike and pickerel. Most of these rental places want $100 from 9am to 5pm. Went to Sparrow, caught a lot of hammerhandles and some cigar pickerel but want to try somewhere else. Any Ideas?

No pike, and I don't have any idea what they charge but you could try Lunge Haven cottages on Sturgeon Lake. As for the fishing at this point, I'm not the one to ask LOL.

Guest Johnny Bass

I thought of Rice but I know the pickerel can be tough for a newbie to catch. Also though of Sturgeon and same thing. You really have to know what your doing to get the pickerel to bite(at least on lures). Pike seem to be the easiest to catch. And on the first outing we caught numerous hammer handles.

Went to my pickerel spot from shore on Sturgeon and the numbers are really down. I knew it was a bad sign when there was hardly any guys there.

Anyways, she wants pike,I want a pickerel for the frying pan. Went back to Sparrow. Didn't do as well in numbers but we did bring a few to the boat but this time with no pickerel to be seen....Caught my first fish rippin a bucktail jig though! Will be practicing rip jiggin big time this season.

Gave her worms to try but the fish were not biting. I think this time of year, Minnows is the ticket.

Took her to a river yesterday and we were killin the pike on grubs, but still looking for a boat rental with both Pike and Pickerel, until the bass season kicks in.

Guest Johnny Bass

Bump.... Any other boat rentals? I'm hoping to have a new boat this season or next, but my friend wants to go fishing now.....She's got the fishing bug big time. But so do all the girls I bring fishing. :thumbsup_anim:

Last year @ lake Scugog I rented from island marina, you can go hourly or full day. Decent price and good service. Give them a shout first, usually at weekends they are sold out pretty fast.

www.scugogislandmarina.ca

Try Birch Cliff Lodge on Lake Baptiste near bancroft 1 613 332 3316. Nice 14 foot tinny style fiberglass boats with 9.9 or 15hp motors. Id recomend the 15hp. I rented on the reg a few years back and would spend around $100 a day with gas. Walleye have been stocked for many years now but im a real crappy walleye fisherman so I couldnt help you there but send me a pm and ill put you on the pike.