thoughts on an "ugly stick"

GBW

I asked as I have 2 that my wife got for me, the combo's. I don't mind the rod's action when trolling but I hate it when casting. The sponge grip drives me nuts too if there is a hint of moisture in the air. So what are these combos worth? I've never looked at them to know as I am going to sell one or both off... :unsure:

Why not ask your wife what they cost ? :whistling:

Now that you have reduced your rod count by TWO you should be able to add one back to the stable right? You can call Spiel and talk to him about a custom replacement I can vouch for the builds they are exactly what you want and they are top of the line.

Art

I have way too many rods, partle because I tournament fish with my wife and partly because I have been in search of the perfect bottom bouncing rod; I should say "was" in search. The Cabelas brand Ugly Stik, made by Shakespeare, 7' med action for my $.02 is the perfect bottom bouncing rod. Soft enough so as the soift biters will hang on to the bait and enough backbone for big fish. Otrher than that application I doubt I'd own any.

This kind of gives the benefits of the rod.

I don't use one anymore, but it's still sitting up in the floor joists, if needed.

I've already warned the wife not to try this with the rods I presently use.

They certainly have their place,though.