Tackle WareHouse

Hey everyone.. just wondering if any one has ordered off of www.tacklewarehouse.com ? Me and my good friend were planning on ordering a few things off of the site until we went to pay for it and it asked for every piece of information you could think of.. sounded like a scam.. but have re-tried the site and it seems to be legit.. just wondering if any one / who has delt with this site before ?

thanks

a fellow angler!

There is some extra securities for first time buyers. If I didn't remember wrong, it's a photocopy of your credit card/driver's license sent to them via email.

awesome people though. Like smallie said, they are LEGIT.

Don't know if the shipping is the same, but it was $15 for shipping, + province taxes and the packages arrive the next day.(I got that deal in November) Shipping WAS 29.99 for next day last April.

If you want to make sure, send them an email during the office hours, and they will reply most likely on the same day (if not, the day after).

The prices are very fair, and here is a 10% discount code.

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/promo/verify.html?coup=STIMULUS10

Don't work for them, I just really enjoy doing business with them, so I hope you guys get the same experience.

Yep have bought lots of stuff from them. Great company, great service. Only thing is that their shipping rates are way up there if you're ordering from Canada.

I would either be ordering to my house here in Ontario. or if the shipping is brutal I would be getting them delivered to my relatives in Georgia

I would either be ordering to my house here in Ontario. or if the shipping is brutal I would be getting them delivered to my relatives in Georgia

Ebay is a very good fishing resource as well and I highly recommend it. It is a rainy day activity as it can take some time deciding what you want since there is such a huge selection.

There is lots of payment protection for buyers and in the event that you get scammed you will most certainly get your money back.

If you're looking for things like Rapalas, hooks, spinners, etc, Ebay cannot be beat. I got a brand new Stradic (new model, new year) for 107.50 after shipping. That's some serious cash saved there.I've had it for three years and it is going great.

In recent years (after I restocked all my fishing tackle via ebay) I've almost exclusively been going to local shops - I like the feel.

That's my two cents. I will look into this website as well now too!

ya I have done plenty of window shopping on Ebay etc but never really liked ordering online.and preffer to meet and greet cash in hand and well thats what I normally do when I buy off of Kijiji or Craigslist etc and well I have gotten some REALLY good deals!...but there are a few new products that came out this year that I have only found so far on Tackle warehouse and in a few magazines that I may need to buy off of TW.

ya I have done plenty of window shopping on Ebay etc but never really liked ordering online.and preffer to meet and greet cash in hand and well thats what I normally do when I buy off of Kijiji or Craigslist etc and well I have gotten some REALLY good deals!...but there are a few new products that came out this year that I have only found so far on Tackle warehouse and in a few magazines that I may need to buy off of TW.

IF you are spending say over $100, the shipping is still only $15. Its a flat rate. I would not recommend TW if you are just spending a few bucks though. I have usually spent over $100 and it arrives by UPS. $15 for UPS coming from California is not bad in my book.

I wanted to buy something from Cabelas and they wanted $39 for shipping. TW all the way for bigger purchases.

Edited by Dutchy

IF you are spending say over $100, the shipping is still only $15. Its a flat rate. I would not recommend TW if you are just spending a few bucks though. I have usually spent over $100 and it arrives by UPS. $15 for UPS coming from California is not bad in my book.

I wanted to buy something from Cabelas and they wanted $39 for shipping. TW all the way for bigger purchases.

yeah very true, we are interested in buying multiple things such as frogs and large packs of line

Ive used them a few times and everything was great.... package arrives WAY TO QUICK hahah if thats even possible.... but seriously.... I would use the normal shipping ( cheapest ) and it was at my door 2-3 days later.... which is pretty good ! The only down side is I had to pay duty EVERY order. But... they had all the stuff I want usually in stock ! Plus they will have deals on sometimes for free t shirts, hats... etc.... Im still rockin the T.W shirt and hat. hahah

I just ordered a Calcutta reel online using the coupon and it didn't show up on the checkout.

I called directly and they said they would make sure it gets discounted by 10%.

They also said that you don't have to send photocopies etc. for International purchases under $250. PayPal purchases do not require this information either.

So far it looks good, eBay pricing ($229), fixed shipping cost ($15) and a 10% discount. As long as they honour the coupon and I don't have any $urpri$e$ when UPS gets here, I'll be doing more biz with them.

I just ordered a Calcutta reel online using the coupon and it didn't show up on the checkout.

I called directly and they said they would make sure it gets discounted by 10%.

They also said that you don't have to send photocopies etc. for International purchases under $250. PayPal purchases do not require this information either.

So far it looks good, eBay pricing ($229), fixed shipping cost ($15) and a 10% discount. As long as they honour the coupon and I don't have any $urpri$e$ when UPS gets here, I'll be doing more biz with them.

I have a feeling you will get a small surprise once it reaches your door.... Like I said, duty has hit me EVERY time ( 3 orders )... adding to the bottom line deal !

I have a feeling you will get a small surprise once it reaches your door.... Like I said, duty has hit me EVERY time ( 3 orders )... adding to the bottom line deal !

I have spent a fair amount at TW and never yet been hit with duty. mmmmmm :dunno:

I have spent a fair amount at TW and never yet been hit with duty. mmmmmm :dunno:

Really ??? Man, haha thats not very fair ! I think my grandparents must be lying to me to try and get some money out of me ! haha It gets delivered to there place !

Maybe the next time I place an order, they wont ding me !

Hmmmm, it's been 3 hours and still no delivery.

Cabela's is usually at the door before I close the checkout page. :sarcasm:

Tyler, I thought fishing goods were supposed to be duty free? Are you confusing duty with brookerage fees?

Doug, did you incur brokerage fees?

Nope, not a thing. No duty, no fees nothing. :thumbsup_anim: $15 for UPS is all I pay so far. :whistling: So far. I hope you lot haven't jinxed me now.

I think you'll be fine. The UPS guy comes with paperwork in hand to collect the $$$ upon delivery. No paperwork is a good sign they are not collecting $ from you.

I think you'll be fine. The UPS guy comes with paperwork in hand to collect the $$$ upon delivery. No paperwork is a good sign they are not collecting $ from you.

Oh I know, I was just kidding :rolleyes:

So, 20 hours later...

calcutta400b.jpg

... $30.70 for GST/PST at the door, no brokerage, no duty. The transaction hasn't posted on my credit card yet so I don't know if they deducted the 10% discount. I suppose if I really wanted to knit pick I could demand a credit for the tax paid on the full amount vs discounted price.

All in all, excellent service but settle the bill BEFORE closing the deal.