opinions- Lund Explorer SS 1675 vs.Fishawk 170

Does anyone have one or know anything about these boats. I am looking to upgrade my current boat .These are 2 of the boats I am looking at. Any feed back on either boat would be excellent.

Maybe someone one hear has one and is thinking of selling or downsizing,if so I am interested. thanks

Lund & Crestliner -- two of the best names in boat manufacturers out there. I doubt you'd go wrong with either.

I've been fishing off the back of an Explorer SS 1675 for the past 5 or 6 years. Very wide, very stable & handles rough water great. It has lots of storage space and ample room for 3 guys to fish out of easily.

Does anyone have one or know anything about these boats. I am looking to upgrade my current boat .These are 2 of the boats I am looking at. Any feed back on either boat would be excellent.

Maybe someone one hear has one and is thinking of selling or downsizing,if so I am interested. thanks

I too went though this delema a few years ago. Both are nice boats. However I bought the Lund Explorer 1675 SS with a 75 E-tec on the back. I found the lund to have more storage space and a bit more stable. I have not thought ever that I made the wrong decision. I use the boat for pleasure cruising, fishing and hunting.

I did upgrade to the double bunk galvinized trailer and the 24 volt 70 lbs trolling motor on the front.

When you talk about boats like this you are essentially asking people which of their kids they prefer.

I guess that there is a real difference here (as opposed to asking for a preference between Lund and Alumacraft) and that is riveted vs. welded. And that will be debated all day long.

I own a 1600 Fishhawk and think the world of it. And when I was shopping, there were definite differences between the 16 foot Lund and the 16 foot Crestliner. You can PM me if you want to hear them, cause I am not interested in a pissing match.

You can't go wrong with either and that is the truth. It just depends if you want to be a complete label....(slang word for a prostitute) or not. OOPS, I mean do you like riveted boats or welded boats.

Good Luck!!

Jim

Edited by Radnine

I have a 17 ft lund explorer side console with a 115 hp 4 stroke mercury. And I love it and it is the second lund boat that I have owned . AND it will be up for sale very soon do to poor health reasons. END OF MAY is my guess. THE package was bought new in 2006