Whers the turkey reports????

misfish

Work has me sucked in for 10+ hours a day, so no opener for me,but want to hear any stories you got to share.

Yeah,you can rub it in if you like aswell. :wallbash:

I wont be getting out til next weekend by the looks of things.Got to move the whole pile of crap here to another local.

Sure hope Terry can help me. :whistling:

Season opened and they all went into hiding !!! You know how that works........... :whistling:

Their not hiding very well Wayne cause I had them all in my back yard this morning. In fact I think we've got more gobblers around here than Robins :lol:

Guest gbfisher

Season opened and they all went into hiding !!! You know how that works........... :whistling:

I told Marty to get the Wife's schedule and hunt the bird feeder when she wasn't home... :sarcasm:

Come hunt my backyard. lol.

I'm learning that these "turkeys" are no "turkeys." Skittish and mindful as all heck. I just have to open the front door of the house and the ones two acres back seem to know and take off. lol. Some big beauty Toms kicking around out there though... Too bad they taste like game. lol.

Guest gbfisher

Come hunt my backyard. lol.

I'm learning that these "turkeys" are no "turkeys." Skittish and mindful as all heck. I just have to open the front door of the house and the ones two acres back seem to know and take off. lol. Some big beauty Toms kicking around out there though... Too bad they taste like game. lol.

geee...the ones out your way seem smart. The ones in Cobourg where my mother in-law lives are stupid. They sit by her feeder and wait till she comes out to fill it up. I think it's her voice that attracts them or the fact that well.... She's short.....tiny and .....looks kinda like a turkey :oops: .

I have nothing to hold out for. The Shhhhh was in reference to GB's comment.

Yesterday, there were no birds in the first spot. Went out to Moonstone and had gobblers all around us, but wouldn't come out of the hardwood.

Decided to take 3 hours off of work this morning and head back out there by myself.

Set up a Hen Decoy, and the birds started gobblin' around 0605 hours. I tried a few different calls and the one they responded to the most was my mouth call, that I had been practicing on for quite a while.

After about 10 minutes going back and forth, the group of them came up on my left about 20 yards...4 Jakes and 2 Hens...going right for my decoy....no Tom, but I was looking for a Jake to go up on the wall...so I picked the biggest bugger and took him out. Nice bird, weighed in at 18.2 pounds at Wolf's Den (needed a weigh to enter contest)

All 3 other jakes started kicking and jumping on my dead bird, made me laugh.

Here it is. Pressure is over, now I can relax and get my big bird later.

Jake2010.jpg

Marty,you holding out???? :lol::lol:

Edited by AzuluSpookd

Guest gbfisher

Nice shootin....I think. :lol::clapping:

..It still has it's head. Where did ya shoot it? :whistling:

Im kidding. :thumbsup_anim: ...Now ya gotta get the deep fryer to cook it in.

A friend called me yesterday evening asked me to go over and have a look at his lawn tractor. I was going to go out to my blind so I figured I'd stop at his place on my way. When I pulled into his yard I saw what I thought was a turkey about 250 yards behind his house in his field. Pulled out the glasses and sure enough, a nice tom. Alex came out and I commented that there was a nice tom down back. Alex insisted I take his truck and drive down there. I wasn't going to bother figuring it would just run off but Alex was very insistant so to shut him up I drove down to where I had seen the bird, parked the truck, got out and loaded my gun, and sat on the tail gate. I let go with my gobbler call and within seconds he answered me from just inside the cedars about 30' away. I called again and he came running out of the bush with me sitting right there in the open. He stopped, for a second and looked at me like "what the heck are you". I didn't like the look he gave me so I shot him!

I sure don't see what the big deal is with turkey hunting, drive out into a field, sit in plain sight, total elapsed time about 10 minutes.

I use to go sit in my blind at 5 am all dressed in camo, haul my decoys out, call and watch careful to not make any movement that might tip them off that I was in the area. All I'd ever see was hens. To heck with it, from now on I'm going to drive out to the field in broad day light, honk the horn and wait for some dumb tom to challange me!

awesome turkeys guys,

finally dedided a few days ago to take the turkey course, (although i have no clue as to where to hunt)I looked it up for this area and it was that same day, i missed it, anyone know if it's only the ofah that does these courses, i looked it up but thats all i could find, the dates on ofah website