Do you drink coke or Pepsi ?

misfish

6 litres of Pepsi a day! Hasn't killed me YET! (and my teeth are still white and all there bud!)

Coke mind you... it's for removing rusty nuts, paint stripping and the likes... oh.. and softning up ribs before BBQ'ing !

Edited by irishfield

Was wondering where you were going with this one Brian.I knew you weren't a soda dude.That crap is the root of all evil!The quickest way to lose calories from your diet is liquids.Easy way to take in tons of them.Unfortunatley beer and wine are liquid stuff also with big calories.For what its worth,eggshells are sort of porous contaminants will pass thru the shell easily.Thats why you throw away the eggs that you find on the bottom of the coop.You could prolly soak an egg in vinegar for a year with the same results.The bottom line would be,dont drink vinegar either.

Joe

Can't stand any type of pop...Interesting that you posted this Brian...we had some issues at work with "people" using their Mentos that they bought on Canteen and putting them inside their Coke that they bought and creating a massive explosion, when you put 24 mentos inside the bottle.

They are not allowed to purchase Mentos anymore :)

6 litres of Pepsi a day! Hasn't killed me YET! (and my teeth are still white and all there bud!)

Please tell me you're kidding Wayne?

If I'm lucky, I may consume a twelve pack of cans of various brands, in total on the year.

If i'm not so lucky, I will die being run over by an elderly person driving a mid nineties sedan at the local shopping mall....no joke

we're currently in a week long training session at work and this actually came up on our tuesday session,

the ph level of vinegar is in the 2.4-3.4 range, while the ph level of coke is 2.5, although they are both quite acidic those are not the major problem for your teeth, as told since we are weeeeeee tots it's the sugar in the coke that's worse, the body creates acid (at a worse ph level than coke or vinegar) to dissolve the sugars, which stick to ur teeth,

boy if the instructor can see me now, i actually learnt something

ps. these are the facts as i remember them, but i may not be 100% correct on the levels, but the jist is right

What do ya suppose the contents of your stomach would do to that egg if you could keep in them for a year. I suspect that stomach acid and enzymes are even more corrosive than the coke.

JF

The stomach contains HCl (Hydrochloric Acid), one of the strongest acids. The acidity of Coke would dull in comparison to HCl. The whole egg would be completely dissolved in a fraction of time that Coke would dissolve just the shell.

Luckily, the stomach has a mucus lining that prevents ourselves from eating ourselves inside out :lol:

Nevertheless, I still try to stay away from Coke.