NF - Think I have a virus - can anyone help?

Dutch

Hey folks.

I think there is a virus on my computer. I am using Avira, the most recent version and I have done 2 system scans and it hasn't found it.

There are pictures in my temporary internet folder that don't show up when I look for them with Windows explorer, but they are definitley there as they appear in my digital camera viewing software.

Also, there is a cookie in there that I can't delete.

Any ideas or websites to reccomnend so that I can get rid of this?

There doesn't appaer to be any slow down of the machine, but I just want to get rid of these rather unsavory images.

Thanks.

Hey folks.

I think there is a virus on my computer. I am using Avira, the most recent version and I have done 2 system scans and it hasn't found it.

There are pictures in my temporary internet folder that don't show up when I look for them with Windows explorer, but they are definitley there as they appear in my digital camera viewing software.

Also, there is a cookie in there that I can't delete.

Any ideas or websites to reccomnend so that I can get rid of this?

There doesn't appaer to be any slow down of the machine, but I just want to get rid of these rather unsavory images.

Thanks.

Opps, I'm not sure what happened in the previous post.

Google CCleaner.

Run it and it will delete all you tempoary Internet files and cookies if you want.

Just uncheck the things you don't want deleted. I just delete everything in the CCleaner list.

muddler

hey dutch go to Avast! Download their home program. My brother in Law is one of the top guys at Globe and Mail on line. (oversee a pile of websites like tsn) and he told me to use it it is the best for a home outfit. Never had a virus it couldnt translate

Well, I can't say anything about Avast!, but I can recommend AVG free Download. It's all I've ever used, and all I ever install on folks machines when they bring them to me. You could also run the Trend Housecall online scanner. Both are very good, and free....thumbsup_anim.gif

If you don't want to download anything, run this online virus scanner. It has worked for me in the past.

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

Be sure to run it in IE though, it won't work on Firefox if I'm correct. It's a good scanner, whatever you can't remove you can find a special program to remove a specific trojan/virus/worm that Trend Micro will detect.

From the anti virus scanner suggested above, go with Avast, I've never used Avira but Avast constantly updates and its been good for me. AVG is overrated.

If none of the advice works, you can save what you need and format the hard drive. It's the only way to get ride of everything. I usually format my drive every one to two years.

Reformating for some pic errors and a stubborn cookies is a tad extreme