Tackle Bag Size

LucG

I recently bought this tackle bag from Bass Pro.

i-649625-t.jpg

http://reviews.basspro.com/2010/103993/reviews.htm

Initially I though it was amazing, tons of storage, 8 370 utility boxes etc. but then the more I looked at it, the bigger it seemed.

It measures 23" x 15" x 15"

Is this too big to bring on the boat as a non-boater? Is there place to store something this big on bass boats?

That's a fine size. I've been using a 21" gym bag for the longest time. Its packed to the top with 4 plano 4700, lunch, portable fish finder, emergency rain clothes, first aid kit, tools, plastic bait bags, clothing, etc. This summer I'm getting a 26" roller (with big wheels) because I hate digging through things to get at the tackle and the large zipper flap looks ideal for easy access. It will fit in the rear of the boat on the bench beside me and I want to use rubber dip or spray to make the bottom of it water proof and so it will grip the aluminum bench and wont slide. I stayed away for the very large "specialty" bags that are sold at bass pro etc because they seem so way overpriced for what I need.

600%20Series%20Samsonite%20Carbon%20EXP%2026%20inch%20Hybrid%20Upright%20Rolling%20Suiter%20Luggage%20Piece.jpg

Edited by Syn

i-649625-t.jpg

Initially I though it was amazing, tons of storage, 8 370 utility boxes etc. but then the more I looked at it, the bigger it seemed.

Is this too big to bring on the boat as a non-boater? Is there place to store something this big on bass boats?

I have that exact bag and it's not quite big enough for all my junk. I guess I have to much stuff, but I can't help it. Everytime I go into a tackle shop for some hooks or swivels, I end up spending $200.00 or more.

Edited by trevy727

I have a Flambeau Tackle Station 5005ST and I'm very happy with it. As a non-boater in a tourny you may want to bring a smaller bag with your top baits and talk to your partner the day before so you can plan what to bring.

I have that exact bag and it's not quite big enough for all my junk. I guess I have to much stuff, but I can't help it. Everytime I go into a tackle shop for some hooks or swivels, I end up spending $200.00 or more.

Yeah, I hear ya. Mine is filling up quite quick too. Its as if I see the empty spaces and have a strong urge to fill them...lol

As a non-boater in a tourny you may want to bring a smaller bag with your top baits and talk to your partner the day before so you can plan what to bring.

Yeah, That's what I thought.

i-649625-t.jpg

If you brought 4 of them on board ...that might seem excessive...lol I would see no problem with anything of that size for one bag.

I personally don't like too big of bags for the fact they get too heavy to carry, would rather have 3 or 4 smaller ones and it's easier to stow a few small bags rather than one big bulky one.

If you brought 4 of them on board ...that might seem excessive...lol I would see no problem with anything of that size for one bag.

I personally don't like too big of bags for the fact they get too heavy to carry, would rather have 3 or 4 smaller ones and it's easier to stow a few small bags rather than one big bulky one.

As the non-boater where do you stow a big box on a bass boat? You're probably also carrying a few rods to park where they're handy.

JF

As the non-boater where do you stow a big box on a bass boat? You're probably also carrying a few rods to park where they're handy.

JF

I remember when I first got my boat I used to run around it like a looney. Now as Will gets bigger and has his own tackle bag, and I have mine with a separate bag for plastics, with four rods for me and one for him, it seems tiny and very busy.

It fills up fast.

I guess what I am saying is there is such a thing as too big of a bag (or is it too small of a boat).

Jim

JF

Thats my main question...I've only been on a bass boat a handful of times, so I am unfamiliar with how much storage there really is.

Edited by LucG

I have one that works well.Not sure who made it but it says CCM in big letters on the side.Holds a bunch of plano boxes.I have found in the last few years that if you know what you are targeting you can cut way down on the tackle that you have to lug with you.

Joe