HAbs and Caps

bigugli

good game so far .. refs suck like usual .. its amazing what they will call a penalty and what they wont .. you can rake the goalie out of the net but cant check a player who played the puck (Gill on Semin) .. 2 refs on the ice and they are still clueless .. lets hope for a good OT

How did lowly Toronto ever beat this team in the season final? Montreal had their backs to the wall and still couldn't win, yet here they are hanging right in there with the Caps. There's no logic to this game any more.

JF

Look for Price to start in Montreal - couple of weak goals against Halek, including the winner.

I hope you are joking...he sniped it through the D-man's LEGS! it was a crazy shot. Maybe the tying one was bad but not the winner. I think we just blew the series and lost ALL momentum. Watch the CAPS smoke us every game now.

Edited by Canucker

It was sad to see them lose the 3 goal lead and then go ahead again near the end, only to lose... but I'm happy that if they were gonna lose that they lost the way they did - maybe taught them a lesson. Halak is good but when he's seeing that many quality shots from outside the slot, some are bound to find their way.

I agree with the reffing - Gill on Semin was a brutal call. Seemed like they were trying to give Bettman's prized U.S. market team an advantage near the end... but they wouldn't do that, would they?? :whistling:

Back to Montreal - interesting to see how the habs come out with the home crowd behind them!

How did lowly Toronto ever beat this team in the season final? Montreal had their backs to the wall and still couldn't win, yet here they are hanging right in there with the Caps. There's no logic to this game any more.

That's why they play the game :)

Montreal never seems to bring their "A" game for Toronto. No matter how good/bad the leafs happen to be playing when they meet. Huet used to choke every time he saw a blue and white jersey. Maybe the pressure gets to them.. I dunno.

were gone its over.They blew a good lead.Oh well I am thinking more about fishing.

I didn't see it that way. I thought the caps just finally got their act kinda together. The way the refs were calling things that game was bound to be topsy turvy anyway. I realize there's a lot to watch for the refs and linesmen but they really should concentrate on the game part of the scenery. Some of those calls sure looked like "oopsy" calls, the kind they make to compensate for a blown call earlier. Like the one they missed that would have stopped the play just before Montreal got called and the caps scored in the delay. Then the Caps were given a Bull penalty right after that. I didn't think it quite made up for the goal though.

Missed calls are to be expected but I hate when they affect the outcome of the game.

JF

That's why they play the game :)

Montreal never seems to bring their "A" game for Toronto. No matter how good/bad the leafs happen to be playing when they meet. Huet used to choke every time he saw a blue and white jersey. Maybe the pressure gets to them.. I dunno.

That's a coincidence. There seems to be a few folks here who gag just at the mention of the leafs. :thumbsup_anim:

JF

NO NO NO,,,,,WAY.

It,s a great series so far.Dont count the habs out. :canadian:

That was a helluva game to watch, even when you don't really care who wins. I guess that's the test of quality hockey though, huh? I've been a Leafs fan too long to switch loyalty to the Habs just cuz Toronto's out, but I really can't stand Ovechkin and his crap. He's a great player, one of the best I've ever watched, but he's a jackass in my books. He's one of the guys i enjoy seeing stumble.

JF

My beloved Caps have not looked good since the break.I hope they have finally got it together with this comeback.Rod Langway had the best quote about poor refereeing after a game we lost to a bad call in the late 80's.When the reporter asked about the poor call Rod said that it was our fault for letting the game get that close that a ref's bad call would make a difference.A true leader of the team.

Joe